What's new

Skin Bracer Scent Impressions

I would like to know, for those of you who enjoy (or maybe don't) Skin Bracer, what is your impression of the smell. Digging deep into your senses, like tasting a fine wine...what smells do you detect in there?

Me: Vanilla, tobacco, moss, oak, maybe leather

I really like the stuff yet didn't care for it as a young adult. My wife LOVES it!

Chris

I agree with all of the scents mentioned. Sometimes I detect a whiff of mint as well.

It is indeed a great AS. I will be using it within the next couple of days.

it's very fluid.. when I put it on after using Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving cream, it compliments it perfectly. However I'm not sure if sandalwood is a note in there or not. I would say yes.

I haven't splashed it in a few months, but I get powdery vanilla as the predominant drydown. Memory says maybe a little pine and moss. I'll use some after my next shave and see where it goes.

For some fragrances I can pull the various individual scent components out. But I am no scentofile. I can't get any distinct components from the Bracer. To me it just smells "drugstore" and a bit synthetic. It's not my favorite scent but I like the cooling blast so I do use it quite a bit in the summer. Also, it doesn't linger terribly long on me - unless I really splash and re-splash it on during new england's hazy hot & humid days.

My dad has some Skin Bracer, and I like the scent. He hasn't had Brut since I was very young, but I remember it smelling sort of like Skin Bracer does. Is this true?

For me Brut and Skin Bracer are pretty far apart in smell. I much prefer the scent of Brut. It doesn't have the cooling menthol that Skin Bracer has. Both are pretty cheap and plentiful at drug stores so give them each a try.

For me Brut and Skin Bracer are pretty far apart in smell. I much prefer the scent of Brut. It doesn't have the cooling menthol that Skin Bracer has. Both are pretty cheap and plentiful at drug stores so give them each a try.

+1

Brut, and Skin Bracer are nothing alike in terms of scent. Not even in the same ball park.

Checked this out when stopping at a drug store today, and definitely get vanilla from it. Wouldn't compare it to Brut at all. Would say Brut is more of a green type scent, which I enjoy, but only when it is very faint.

only time I have ever smelled brut is at a big NHRA race where they would put it in the headers so when the car fires you can smell brut in a 100 yard radius, but skin bracer is excellent for the price. I like the feeling more than the scent though!

Top Bottom