What's new

Head Shaver's Check-In

Agreed. Love seeing an actual YouTube video where someone has a clue how to shave with a DE lol. Most movies make me cringe

This mornings shave
Gillette Black handle SS flair tip (newly aquired)
Feather Hi Stainless
Stirlings "Cool" soap
Omega fine badger
Em's aftershave balm, Bay Rum
The SS is a very different animal than the Futur. I think me likes it!

james

4/17/14
Late afternoon headshave before returning to school for a banquet (have to look sharp for my students and their parents!)
Prep: warm wash with Stirling bath soap
Lather: Stirling Barbershop
Brush: Stirling best badger
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Derby Extra (3)

2 passes and cueball smooth. My dome was nice and shiny when I stood at the microphone to present awards.

Does anyone know of any other good headshaving videos? Id really like to see others techniques. I've seen the common ones that pop up on your tube google search - nothing "recent".

Great video Lamar, those long sweeping strokes are truly expert-like!
Thank you. Truth be told, longer strokes are pretty easy with the slant due to the larger gap. When I use a razor with a smaller gap I have to shorten the strokes so the lather/hair rinses out easily.

Thank you. Truth be told, longer strokes are pretty easy with the slant due to the larger gap. When I use a razor with a smaller gap I have to shorten the strokes so the lather/hair rinses out easily.

Funny you should say that. I notice that I make longer strokes with my 37C than with any other razor.

Shave of the Evening

Gillette Guard
Best Shave#6
CO Bigelow
WH/Refrigerated Osage Rub

Think I finally finished off my first tube of CO Bigelow as it was tough to get enough cream out of it onto the brush. Thankfully I've got another as I'd hate to have to wait until next year to use it again. It combined with the Osage Rub made for a nice cooling sensation on the dome.

I agree. I do like lots of menthol. But I also like just a touch of it as well, like with the Proraso. But definitely to finish off with the Osage Rub, is really refreshing.

Just an update...I'm finally brave enough to do my entire head with the DE. I do have a patch in the back that I can never seem to get. SWMBO will whack that for me with a cartridge...

Just had an AMAZING Easter head and face shave! Happy Easter everyone~!

Cobra Classic
Kai Mild
Mike's Orange Pepper Cedar
Simpson Chubby 3 Super 3-Band
Myrsol Blue & Emulsion

<3

Why did I originally write off this beautiful razor? My mistake!

I have been shaving my head about 3 times a week for years (not actually bald yet) with a cart and garbage cream. No major issues... I use a handheld mirror in conjunction with a wall mirror for the back and stay with the grain. I began wet shaving a couple of months ago and it is one of the best things I ever did, but I am a little nervous to wet shave the noggin with all of the odd angles and such. I really want to get off carts completely... any helpful hints before I give it a go???

chaz5504 - take your time. It really isn't too bad. I think I've nicked myself twice in the past 3 months or so. For some reason, the angles just seem natural. I really like using short handled razors for my scalp (and my face for that matter). My favorite head razor is a Gillette Tech, fat handle, with the triangular lather slots. A close second is a ball-end Tech with oval slots. A close third is my Merkur 34HD. The short handles just fit my hand and shaving my scalp has become easy. I just completed a 2 pass shave and my head is as smooth as a cueball.
I only shave from the front to the back. Nothing side to side or across my scalp.
You can do it.

Yesterday's SOTD as I was too busy with family to post:

Gillette Guard
Best Shave#6 (Well worth the 2.45 I paid for it :biggrin1:)
Arko
WH/Aubrey Organics North Woods Balm

Went for the Turkish combo on Easter Sunday

Today's SOTD

Flare Tip (A1 Heirloom)
7 O'Clock yellow (shave #2)
Beaumont Silvertip
Barbiere di Figaro Mistero / Proraso Blue superlather
Pinaud SR

Results - beautiful BBS - no weepers on head, but I did whack-a-mole on my neck....

SOTD
Black handle SS
Feather Hi Stainless
Stirlings soap "Bay Rum"
Omega Fine Badger
Em's Soothing balm

I am diggin' the Super Speed. Currently in Rio. Here's the travel den.

$photo.jpg

james

@chaz5504: Welcome to the chrome dome section of B&B. There is nothing to it but to do it. Just take your time and do not rush. The good thing is that you have been face shaving with a DE for a couple of months and this will definitely help you in your head shaves. Just go slow and take your time.

WARHAWK

Top Bottom