What's new

Head Shaver's Check-In

I use a merkur 23 c with 7o'clock yellow blade and a '65 ss flare tip I use with feathers
@Hersh77: We are looking forward to your participation on B&B and at the Head Shavers Check In. If you got pics that is even better, sir. We love pics here on B&B.

WARHAWK

Any Feather Artist Club SS users out there? I am a owner but only used it once for my head shaving and it bit me twice and I immediately stopped and pulled out my trusty DE or SE razor of the day. I really want to love the Feather Artist Club. I'm going to revisit this razor again. In the mean time, here is a YouTube video of a head shaver that uses the Feather AC like a beast. If I can only head shave like this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKcaeRVxjBA

WARHAWK

Mel, I tried a kamisori style Feather is a passaround but not on my head. I had mixed results at best on my face and disovered I dont have the time or patience right now to become proficient at using s straight on my face, let alone my noggin!

Head shave of the day

Soap - Wickham Soap Co. - Super Smooth - Southsea Spray
Brush - Parker best badger
Razor - Coles NY travel slant
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword

Video for anyone that wants to see

http://lamaramal.wordpress.com/2014/04/16/shave-of-the-day-video-final-review-for-wickham-soap-co/

One pass, very nice. I was too busy talking and moving to fast to be careful but it turned out all right in the end.

@Lamar: Nice head shave video, my friend. Love that Coles slant razor you got there.

WARHAWK

Mel, I tried a kamisori style Feather is a passaround but not on my head. I had mixed results at best on my face and disovered I dont have the time or patience right now to become proficient at using s straight on my face, let alone my noggin!
David... I also don't have the patience right now for "learning" the Feather AC but that is definitely one of my goals to have time to "learn" head shaving with it.

WARHAWK

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397697849.453988.jpg

Chubby 3 Super, Calani Dubai, Weber DLC Classic, Iridium Super, Myrsol Formula K, Emulsion

SOTD

L injector w/ Chinese Schick
Muhle STFv2
Razorock Moroccan Secret
Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic

Think this may have been the first time using this RR soap for head shaving, but got great results with it. Must be the Argan Oil in it, but lathers up like a dream and makes the skin feel great. Finished up with some LT AS which is super refreshing and pairs with the soap as both have a citrus type smell.

Gillette Sensor Excel
Speick stick
Whipped dog 22mm silvertip
Musgo Real balsam

I can put the Sensor on autopilot and get an amazing shave every time. I have had amazing shaves with slants, injectors, and others. I vastly prefer the Sensor--for closeness, for smoothness, for ease. Each blade lasts a very long time, and they provide an excellent value.

SOTD

L injector w/ Chinese Schick
Muhle STFv2
Razorock Moroccan Secret
Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic

Think this may have been the first time using this RR soap for head shaving, but got great results with it. Must be the Argan Oil in it, but lathers up like a dream and makes the skin feel great. Finished up with some LT AS which is super refreshing and pairs with the soap as both have a citrus type smell.

Jer... that is good to know about the RR.

WARHAWK

Gillette Sensor Excel
Speick stick
Whipped dog 22mm silvertip
Musgo Real balsam

I can put the Sensor on autopilot and get an amazing shave every time. I have had amazing shaves with slants, injectors, and others. I vastly prefer the Sensor--for closeness, for smoothness, for ease. Each blade lasts a very long time, and they provide an excellent value.

Welcome back my friend. I remember you owning a slant (39C) about the same time I first owned my slant (37C). Glad that you are getting "autopilot" performance with your Sensor Excel.

WARHAWK

Head shave of the day

http://lamaramal.wordpress.com/2014/04/16/shave-of-the-day-video-final-review-for-wickham-soap-co/

One pass, very nice. I was too busy talking and moving to fast to be careful but it turned out all right in the end.

Good video, I have not been on this thread for awhile, but still am a daily head shaver. I have an older Hoffritz slant, have only used it a few times, did not seem to have much difference from the way my vintage open combs shave. Should get it out again and give a few more tries.

Today's shave:
EveryReady brush with TGN badger knot
Stirling Bay Rum
1955 SuperSpeed
Lord Stainless Steel blade
Pinaud Clubman Classic

Well, I used the Slim a couple times on the bean and found it quite difficult to get a decent result, so I went back to the Cartridge. I find I can go over spots a multitude of times on my head without irritation.

I did switch from the overly expensive Fusion to a triple bladed cartridge from Dorco. It's actually very good, much cheaper and gives a very close, smooth shave. I gave the 6 bladed cartridges to my girlfriend.

Dale

Today's BBS Head Shave:

Slim at 6 / 3
7 O'Clock yelow (shave 1)
Beaumont 2013 Silvertip
Proraso Blue
Pinaud SR

It was over too soon....

Head shave of the day

Great video Lamar, those long sweeping strokes are truly expert-like!

Top Bottom