What's new

Pen in shirt pocket?

I am getting ready for an interview (leaving the house in about an hour) for a alt. teachers cert. program.

The wife picked out a shirt and tie for me, I cleaned my shoes, shaved and gathered everything into one place so I can get dressed and get out of the house before a dog jumps on me.

The question I have is should I put a pen in my shirt pocket or keep it in my pants pocket?

Put the pen in the inside pocket of your jacket. Not in the shirt pocket, and FGS, no short sleeve shirts with a tie.

That will work. Why no sleeve shirts with a tie? Sipowicz (NYPD Blue) and Homer Simpson do it! Joking...

Even with it being 88 degrees and muggy I am wearing long sleeves and a jacket.

We were debating the jacket though...

As others have said... I always carry my FP in my shirt pocket unless wearing a jacket. If I am wearing a jacket I put it in the inside pocket.

That will work. Why no sleeve shirts with a tie? Sipowicz (NYPD Blue) and Homer Simpson do it! Joking...

Even with it being 88 degrees and muggy I am wearing long sleeves and a jacket.

We were debating the jacket though...

If you're even slightly considering the jacket, I'd wear it. Better to be overdressed than under, right? Just carry it into the office and put it on then, you don't want to show up sweaty and uncomfortable!

I ended up leaving the jacket in the back seat of my truck and put the pen in my shirt pocket. When I got to the 3rd floor where my interview was I found a guy in jeans and an untucked polo, a guy in slacks and an untucked dress shirt, 2 females in capri pants and ok tops. Then there was me in all my glory! Slacks, freshly cleaned shoes, matching shirt and tie (wife picked out) and to boot I was the only one not on a cell phone! Things seem to have went well. Thanks for all the input.

Paul

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I would suggest the inside jacket pocket (I'm assuming we are already assuming that).

We had assumed you had assumed we assumed that. :wink2:

I ended up leaving the jacket in the back seat of my truck and put the pen in my shirt pocket. When I got to the 3rd floor where my interview was I found a guy in jeans and an untucked polo, a guy in slacks and an untucked dress shirt, 2 females in capri pants and ok tops. Then there was me in all my glory! Slacks, freshly cleaned shoes, matching shirt and tie (wife picked out) and to boot I was the only one not on a cell phone! Things seem to have went well. Thanks for all the input.

Paul

Not to judge people by their ourward appearance (which is wrong don't ya know ... :001_rolle) ... but ... which candidate cared most about that interview? Hmm ... so hard to tell ... so hard to tell ... :wink2:

I am glad you feel good about the interview. FWIW, I see nothing wrong with carrying your pen in your shirt pocket. I carry my favorite pen in my shirt pocket every day. Usually, the first thing I do when I get to work is take off the jacket, so it works out better for me to just stick the pen the my shirt pocket.

Top Bottom