What's new

Dollar store shaving bowls and mugs

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Found a couple of neat things in the housewares aisle of my local "Family Dollar" store.

BOWLS . . . with the elegant look of stoneware. Straight sided and measure 4.5 inches ID and 2.5 inches high. Come with two little "ear" handles so you can handle them while they are hot; they are microwave safe.

Each sort of looks like a cross between an onion soup bowl and a chamber pot. I find mine perfect for whipping up uberlather . . . especially since it only cost $2. Comes in different colors. Some are reasonable. Others are unspeakable. For $2-bucks, you live with it.

Best part. It says "BOWL" on the side, just in case you're not sure what it is.

Be a sport. Buy two in case you drop the first one. LOL​

MUGS: Family Dollar sells a pretty basic, and not at all tacky, line of open stock dinnerware. Stuff is white with some black striping. Really not bad.

They sell two kinds of coffee cups. Big, bowl-like traditional cups . . . and smaller, straight sided mugs.

The mugs are 3.75 inches deep with an ID of 3 inches. They hold pucks from Williams and van der Hagen perfectly, so chances are, they will hold plenty of other pucks well, too.

These are yours for the munificent sum of only $1 each. I bought four and am starting a puck collection.
To be sure, neither product is the apotheosis of tonsorial elegance, but in a modest economy, they do help permit one to buy other, more important things . . . like blades by the pound.

Have fun!

Old Time Pottery has these for $2. They come in light brown, green and cream colors. It works for me.
full

Last edited by a moderator:

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Old Time Pottery has these for $2. They come in light brown, green and cream colors. It works for me.
full

Sure it's a nice bowl, but it lacks those little handles and the all-important word, "BOWL."

Laugh all you want, but before I acquired this bowl, I would often try to make lather in a colander. Now I just reach for the bowl marked "BOWL." The result? Perfect lather every time without getting it all over the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom