What's new

Moss Scuttle Notes

Sara made this for me':biggrin:
full

How do you like the shave bowl? It is a little different than Sarah's other bowls--more wide and angular. Her website gives a good side view. I was wondering about why it was paired with the Moss. I have one very much like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, so far the (large) Scuttle is working out pretty nicely. Definitely different trying to build (and keep) a lather in the hot scuttle as opposed to a bowl. I know that's not really how it was intended, but that's how I'm using it at the moment. I find myself more "priming" the brush with the cream and a little water, working it a little in the Scuttle in more of a downward motion, making most of the lather on my face then using the scuttle (as it was intended) to keep the brush warm...adding water when it dries out a little.

My brush (C&E BB) may be a little small using the scuttle only as a warmer, but it's not too bad.

So I'll spend some time and figuring out if I like this process. If not, I guess I have two options. One is to sell the large scuttle and buy a small one with a lathering bowl. The second would be to buy a larger brush (which I will probably be doing eventually anyways) and am leaning towards the second.

Ron, I'm debating whether nonskid rubber feet, slippery Teflon feet or simple hard plastic feet are best.

On the one hand, "grippy" makes sense as it'd free up a hand while lathering, but on the other I'm unsure how well stick-on "feet" like this will adhere to the porous bottom of the scuttle, and if not well, then slippery feet would be the better option, since they'd stay on more easily. Trial and error!

-Rich
I place my scuttle on a folded up wash rag and that does the trick!

Top Bottom