What's new

Steampunk scales for mollzo-dk

I just finished up some steampunk scales for Morten. He sent me a design to follow. I think it was a Thiers-Issard 69 #1196 - 5/8 but he wanted it double pinned in the front. I also used an oblong shaped watch movement that required me to adjust the copper ring around it to have it look right.

It was fun working together on this project.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

nice, i don't much about steam punk other than watching steamboy a couple times..

if you are doing more, i might suggest inlaying all of the gears and what not into a shallow routed out area. i feel like those scales are wide enough to incorporate that technique...

great job..

search "Watch cogs" on ebay, you can find people selling them in different quantities already removed from watches

Those are great. Now the challenge is to take it one step further. Connect a gear to the hinge pin, so that when you open the razor, that gear moves. Then connect the rest of the gears to it so everything is a functional moving steampunk masterpiece.

I've got lots of ideas in my head on how to do some of it. But I haven't the means to try it.

Any takers?

Top Bottom