What's new

Last orders on Pierre Thiers 1884

Hi,

I have ordered a Pierre Thiers 1884 from here http://www.shaving-and-razor-shop.com/NL/2_Thiers-Issard-e.htm today they are showing 8 on their web site but when I spoke to them, they said they only had three left and I was having one of those. They also said that these were the only ones left so there would be no more:eek: Looks like I got in just in time!:wink:

Might I suggest if you are like me and you have got to have one of these razors, I think now would be a good time to get it. Mine is being put away for Christmas, I think it is worth the wait just to secure one.

I don't know about you but I think we shall see some interesting movements on EBay with this razor as soon as supplies run out. However, you won’t be seeing mine there:w00t:

I think there are still quite a few of 'em left.

Just do the math... 450 of them - X $430 a pop, it's over $190,000 worth of razors.

I could be wrong - but my guess is there are a fair amount left.

Now - what I am sure is happening, is that they currently aren't making them right now, as they are gearing up for new models, and the silver wing, etc etc - and that is where their labor is focused, however of the 450 blanks, I would bet dollars to doughnuts they still have quite a few of them left.

There are a fair amount of straight razor shavers out there... but $190K worth of razors is a seriously large amount, and from talking with vendors who sell them, on average they sell 1-2 a month... TOPS, which would lead me to believe again, there are still some more left.

With that said however... it's always better safe than sorry.

That's where I bought mine from a couple of weeks ago. They obviously don't update their inverntory on the website very often as it said they had 8 in stock before and after I bought mine!

Like you say, better safe than sorry. I have mine now and won't be parting with it. :smile:

Hmmm, Well I am sure you are right if you say so Joel, you are much more worldly wise about this sort of thing than I. I'm just passing on what I was told. The interesting thing is my razor is No234 or thereabout...When I questioned him about this strange anomoly, I was told the numbers are not released sequentially, I don't know why? :confused: Perhaps you could advise if you are aware if this as a fact? I hope there are more of these razors still to come as I would like to have a second one at some time when funds allow.

The interesting thing is my razor is No234 or thereabout...When I questioned him about this strange anomoly, I was told the numbers are not released sequentially, I don't know why? :confused:

I bought mine about 2 weeks ago from the same place and mine is #303.

Well,

there are not that many left.
As I spoke with Thiers Issard there are now the last ( I do not tell the number so no panic arises) which will be divided up unto the vendors.
So.......

The numbers.....well you do not get them in sequence. Otherwise you could set up a seven day set with the numbers 1-7 and would get a hell of a price from collectors. And Thiers Issard supports all of its vendors, so it would be quite unfair to give one the low numbers and the other the higher ones.

I guess the numbers will play their part when all of them are sold but not now.

Mine arrived today #252 not shaved with it yet but it looks perfect in every way:001_smile

One very happy chappy

Top Bottom