What's new

The Parker 82R is not of heirloom quality. It will not be the razor I get my brother

This razor has almost 0 markings on it. All it says is 'India' on the bottom. No Pat.# No date code, Nothing! It does'nt even say Parker on it! No one will know what this is in years time.

Mine was built of poor craftmanship. The blade does not sit even in the tray, leaving one edge more agressive than the other.

I do like however, the British rocket style tto knob. (Reffering to the gap between the knob and the pole.)

That being said, the Parker 82R is not of heirloom quality.
It will not be the razor I get my brother for christmas.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
For the price I think they are a pretty good razor, they certainly shave OK, like you mentioned it is not Heirloom quality, but that does not mean it's worthless either. for someone who is just starting, the cost can be kept as low as possible to see if they want to persue it, and end up investing more as time goes by.

proxy.php

I had one, I did not like it much. I like the Parker 3 piece razors much better.

I agree. I have a Parker 65R and the quality is decent. The shaves are acceptable but I prefer the vintage Gillettes. The 65R was probably the best looking of all my razors until I finally picked up a British #15.

Yeah, yeah. Don't get me wrong, I do use it, and I do like it. Its just not... Special.
But it certainly is a great entery level peice.
Its starting to grow on me, but the details i mentioned cant go un-noticed.
People who know allot more on the subject then I do give it rave reviews so...

Another thing I like about this razor is the capped end of the TTO knob.
The long barber pole handle is nice too. Thats new to me.
However the balance is alittle if-y. The majority of the weight seems to be towards the end of the handle, I could do with some more weight in the head. Or is that just me? It is just my opinion.

The 82R was my first razor purchase when I started DE shaving. One side was more aggressive than the other. I found a Gillette Flair Tip at an estate sale and never used that Parker again. I sent it to my brother and he uses it. Now I have 20 to 30 different Gillettes, the long comb New being one of my favorites.

Last edited:
I feel you Cutthroat Bill, I bought a Parker 99R Heavy Duty Butterfly Premium Barberpole last year it it sucked ***. I had almost given up entirely on the Indian Parker brand until I bought the Parker 31R Stainless Steel All Metal Shavette....that my B&B friend was an entirely different story.

82R was my first as well. I did take issue with having to properly seat the blade.

More often than not I find myself using a 51 Gillette Super Speed I found for 5 bucks when I am not practicing with the straight.

The Parker might be the razor I gift or lend out should someone get interested a proper shave.

I LOVE my Parker 65R 3-piece. It is my go to weapon of choice. Of course it is so heavy, I could beat down a home intruder with it!

Some of us out here still live in the 1800's where 30.00 is like a thousand. Man spends a hundred and we expect the razor not only shave perfect but also wipe our rear-ends as a bonus without a weeper or bleeder. LOL

Top Bottom