What's new

Flea Market Find: Schick Injector Imperial Set

My regular Saturday morning stroll through the flea market turned up this beauty...Other than a little tarnishing on the blade cartridge, it hardly looks used. There was a blade in the razor, so it must have been used at least once, but it may have been a "try it once and stick it in the drawer" experiment. I believe this is a "Type E" Schick (no seam on the handle), but if anyone knows differently, please let me know. The dealer wanted $20 for this, but I was able to negotiate it down to $15.

$P1050429.JPG

$P1050430.JPG

$P1050431.JPG

$P1050432.JPG

I started cleaning up the blade cartridge with some Maas metal polish, and it's coming along nicely. A little more work and I think I'll have it looking like new.

I also picked up a decent Gem G-Bar SE razor (AKA Heavy Flat Top) for a couple of dollars. There's a little pitting and tarnishing on the top, but otherwise, it's in great condition.

proxy.php

Attachments

• $P1050433.JPG
    $P1050433.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
That is a beautiful Schick, and yes it's an E3, the Imperial set was made in 1939-1940. Be very careful using any kind of polish on the razor itself, the plating is pretty thin on these. Congrats!

That is a beautiful Schick, and yes it's an E3, the Imperial set was made in 1939-1940. Be very careful using any kind of polish on the razor itself, the plating is pretty thin on these. Congrats!

Thanks, Tom...you are indeed the master of singled-edged safety razors! And rest-assured that the only thing that will be used to clean that razor is soap and a soft cloth. Removing a few fingerprints was all that was needed.

Thanks, Tom...you are indeed the master of singled-edged safety razors! And rest-assured that the only thing that will be used to clean that razor is soap and a soft cloth. Removing a few fingerprints was all that was needed.

Are you going to use it?

I appreciate that but there are guys here that have forgotten more than I know about them, I just like to blabber on about them.

Can you still buy blades for it. I talked to a guy at the flea market today and he said he would have one for me next week.

Are you going to use it?

Of course...that's the whole point of this shaving hobby!

Can you still buy blades for it. I talked to a guy at the flea market today and he said he would have one for me next week.
Injector blades are still in production, are available in some chain drug stores, and easily over the Internet. I believe most are either the Personna or Schick brands.

Beauty for sure, I love that handle, the color is amazing, I have actually seen these in a couple of antique store but never in a case, always loose on it's own.

Great pictures too.

Thanks, guys...I'm not normally an injector shaver, but in this instance, I couldn't walk away from this baby. I don't think it would have lasted long before one of my Central PA compatriots discovered it! I'm looking forward to trying it out...I've got some modern injector blades, and I'm going to leave that old blade cartridge as part of the original set. I'm sure it's going to be a nice shave!

Top Bottom