What's new

Soap Killers?

No, I'm not confused. The only thing confusing is the term "soap killer". So if it "kills soap" but doesn't lather well, what exactly is it accomplishing? Might as well just chuck the soap in a bucket of water and watch it dissolve.

So is any brush that lathers well a "soap killer"? Is my 23x55 Plisson a soap killer, or is its loft too high? It lathers soaps really well. But it also lathers creams really well. Does that make it not a soap killer?

A soap killer is a brush that picks up more soap than another brush. It doesn't matter what kind of lather it creates. You can have a brush that picks up a lot of soap and doesn't give you good lather or one that does. Have you ever had a brush that puts a bigger dent or goes through product faster than another brush? That's a soap killer.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Rooney 2XL just eats up soap. I like it so much I have been thinking about getting the 1xl.

I have both and they are really nice brushes. The handle size difference makes them very different. I like the 1XL for a quick great lather. Great travel brush.

This, hands down:

proxy.php

32mm of Finest fury. No soap can withstand such an onslaught.

Ken
You win. You can kill a kilo of Cella in a month.

No, I'm not confused. The only thing confusing is the term "soap killer". So if it "kills soap" but doesn't lather well, what exactly is it accomplishing? Might as well just chuck the soap in a bucket of water and watch it dissolve.

If I'm reading you right you are taking it, as if it was a goal... to kill your soap faster. Now I like my brushes to load easily, which by my definition makes them soap killers. That does not equate to using a soap up more quickly. You use the same amount. You just get it faster. Does that help?

Ken

My soap killers are: Rooney Stubby 3XL,2XL and my Simpson Chubby3 in Super. The new Rooney Stubby/Chubby3 I just got from ClassicShaving does surprisingly well on hard soap.I attribute that to its great density and fairly short loft(49mm). The silky soft tips do much better on soap than what I had anticipated.Its a marvelous all around brush thats well worth the big price I paid.

Craig

Plisson #14 HMW and Semogue 1800 ... but I can get the best of a soap or cream with any decent brush, the best soapkiller is the skill

My soap killer is the Semogue Caravela. Soaps cower in fear of this awesome brush! I usually load the brush for about 30 seconds, and I have enough lather to last me a couple of days. I could load for about 10-15 seconds and have enough lather, but I have a lot of soaps to go through :lol:

Top Bottom