What's new

Acquisitions for November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

C&E Sandalwood cream, ASB and EdT and it came with a free tube of Sienna. TOBS Jermyn St cream and Terre d'Hermes EdT. It was a good day.

I scored pretty well this Saturday. John Barber heavy blade $20.00, Wade & Butcher with standard rounded toe $15.00, Crown and Sword $15.00 all three from one shop and I had to leave some others behind.....Shumate etc. Pics to follow.

Jim

A whole free tube?!? Nice, that is a quality bonus.

Yeah, if you spend more than £35 on men's toiletries they throw in a 100g tube of your choice of cream. I'm not sure how long that special is running or if there is any comparable deal in the states.

Yeah, if you spend more than £35 on men's toiletries they throw in a 100g tube of your choice of cream. I'm not sure how long that special is running or if there is any comparable deal in the states.

I don't think we can even get the Sienna cream in the states. Good score!

Here's an unusual Golf DE shaving set. 3-piece Bakelite with that cool triangular case. Wonder if it was marketed to golfers -- "provides a great shave after your game" or something like that. No obvious maker -- but it has held up extremely well & does provide a very nice smooth close shave.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

A few local finds, The Ever Ready 1912 set is nice, real nice, the handles look different to the one's I've seen before. I've got another pack of blades for the Valet on the way from eBay.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
A new R41 and a R89! No sooner were they out of the box were "taken" from me so they could be wrapped and placed under the Christmas tree next month. I know my wife loves me but this in torture!

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 345
Here's an unusual Golf DE shaving set. 3-piece Bakelite with that cool triangular case. Wonder if it was marketed to golfers -- "provides a great shave after your game" or something like that. No obvious maker -- but it has held up extremely well & does provide a very nice smooth close shave.

Golf is a razor brand out of Germany. Also Golf-Asan. They made different razors, one of which is a bakelite razor strikingly similar to a Fasan, which makes me wonder if Fasan isn't just a contraction of Golf Asan.

Today I recieved my 2011 R41, my 39C Sledgehammer slant, some medpreps, TOBS samples, and the free blades that came with my razors!

My first impressions (keep in mind I've not shaved with either yet): they are both absolutely gorgeous!! The Sledgehammer has lots of heft, you definitely know the razor is there, it makes the R41 feel extremely light! I also thoroughly enjoy the knurling on both the 39C is somewhat abrasive, but comfortable, and the R41 is super smooth! I hope they shave as good as they look! I may go try one out soon here if not I definitely will tomorrow!

Ever know something would be arriving in the mail but the mail runs late? That's what happened to me today as I was awaiting the arrival of my new Vulfix 2234 from Phil (ordered on Friday - 3 days, just 1 business day to go cross country). Since the mail didn't arrive while on my lunch I had to wait 5 more hours before holding my new baby in my arms. Well when I got home I tore into my Bullgoose package & there she was, along with a couple new friends. Phil enclosed a pack of Voskhod DE blades as well as a sample of RazoRock XXX soap/cream/croap. To be honest I was a little creeped out about the XXX. I have that on my Christmas list. It's like Phil & Santa are best friends & Santa shared my wish & Phil did his best imitation of Jolly Old St. Nick. Thanks so much Phil, you've definitely earned my business with this first of many transactions!

As these threads are worthless without pics, please see below...

proxy.php

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap received as a gift.

Also included was some Taylor's Eton College Talc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom