What's new

Acquisitions for November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that bowl on their site, along with some glass limited edition ones. Does that wood bowl have any kind of lid or with MdC do you just let it sit out?

There is no lid of any sort on it. The lady in the shop said it was better to let it dry out between uses (at least I think that's what she was saying as my French is not that great!). She gave me some hand soap samples that she said had been made that day and recommended we leave them to dry out for 4 months before using them.

November so far: a semogue Limited Edition 2010 in Selected Silvertip and a bottle of The Art of Shaving Lavender Aftershave Balm

proxy.php

The gentlemen that sold this brush to me was kind enough to include a tub for it, and some samples from GFT!

proxy.php

In my opinion, perhaps the prettiest Semogue ever made.

proxy.php

and the TAoS balm:

proxy.php

Still a couple of packages to come...:001_smile

Today's little score A Henkel a Boker and a Filarmonica 13 Doble Temple. Then a Nos Gem, Nos Blades and I think a 1904 but not sure please correct me if I am wrong. Yet the best part my wife went with me and we had a great time.

Attachments

• $IMG_0114[1].jpg
    $IMG_0114[1].jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 403
  • $IMG_0116[1].jpg
    $IMG_0116[1].jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 398
Thanks Snargle and Raffijian. All I had around the house was some wenol polish and a microfiber cloth and a little time. Maybe 30 minutes. Gave a bostonian set to the father inlaw and sold my silver and gold sets on BST. Really wanted just the razor for my rotation and am very pleased for what I got at the price point. Was thinking I'd have to get it repated later when purchased, but now think it will do just fine the way she came out for a user. Thanks again, Dave

Last edited:
I stopped by a local antique market today, just wanted to browse around and see if they had anything new in since I last stopped by and I found another Old Spice mug to add to my collection, 6 GEM/Ever-Ready 1912's, a new in box Gillette Tech, an autostrop an overpriced ($30) cased bullet-tip Micromatic and a brand spankin' new William's shave stick. Money being tight I only nabbed two of the 1912's in the best condition, the mug and stick, all for only 12 bucks, not too bad.

I haven't used the soap yet but I am looking forward to my first vintage William's experience. Unless I am mistaken it smells a bit like rose, and I am typically NOT a fan of rose scented products, depending on the lather and strength of the smell...it might end up on the BST.

Heres a post cleanup pic, sorry I didn't snap a before shot.

$Antique-Shop-11-13-2011.jpg

OMG!!

That shave stick is PHENOMENAL!!

That's the Unicorn of Williams!! Rose scented tallow -- WOW!!!

If you don't like it -- it WILL fly off the BST!!

NICE SCORE!!

Well, patience finally paid off. My haul for today at one of my contacts. My only regret is buying the Wilkinson sword. Not much demand there but it is neat to look at. Its something out of the "otherverse" world. Can't find blades for it anymore I don't think. I am also missing "Friday" blade. The chance of me finding THAT blade is nil. Oh well. He's a good contact.

Attachments

• $nov.jpg
    $nov.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
The mailman was good to me yesterday. I received two Pots of Tabula Rasa cream, a vintage bottle of Tai Winds aftershave (full) and a GIBBS "Click Pen" Adjustable razor.

Attachments

• $Haul November 14th.jpg
    $Haul November 14th.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 305
The mailman was good to me yesterday. I received two Pots of Tabula Rasa cream, a vintage bottle of Tai Winds aftershave (full) and a GIBBS "Click Pen" Adjustable razor.

TR is one of my favorite creams. I've found that by mixing it up with a little water and spoon that it is much easier to face lather with. Don't ask me why it works, but it does.

TR is one of my favorite creams. I've found that by mixing it up with a little water and spoon that it is much easier to face lather with. Don't ask me why it works, but it does.

It really is great stuff. I treat it like a soap and swirl the brush directly in the pot before face lathering. Works great!

It really is great stuff. I treat it like a soap and swirl the brush directly in the pot before face lathering. Works great!

I do the same, but the addition of a small amount of water to the jar mixed in seemed to improve my results face lathering. It is the most moisturizing 'soap' or 'cream' or whatever it is that I've used.

Wrote a bit in the General discussion section. So Ill share with you it's general condition here. Mechanically the Toggle is flawless. The adjustment nubers on the dial while a little tight has an audible click on each half & full number. Ther's ever, so, so, so light rubbing on top of the bay doors that to me is without merit. negligible. For this being as old as it is I approve of it;s condition. Asthetically, the gold POPS!. No dents scratches rust etc anywhere. slight rubbing at the tail end of the Toggle from use as expected. Knurling is mint. Very nice.
All numbers are black & bold with the red dot perfect. This time I know better than to use a toothbrush on that area as I did on my last Toggle & washed it away! GRR. That made me so made. I just cleaned the numbers off like an idiot. My other toggle looked like this one. Oh well. A nice score. A nice week for me.
Overall I'd give this 9.7. :001_smile

Attachments

• $toggle2x.jpg
    $toggle2x.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 270
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom