What's new

Acquisitions for November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the Rolls Razor from a eBay for £1 I think its unused, the pack of Valet blades is full, all 10 blades, now I can put that sucker to work! :001_smile

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I was looking at getting something a tiny bit different as a shaving brush. Don't get me wrong, I love my re-knotted Simms and I use that Omega Boar brush sometimes... However, I was curious if I get something with a lower loft and a bigger knot if it would be better as I always face lather now... I will know tomorrow.

I got a Rudy Vey based on the Chubby 1 (24mmx48mm two-band finest). Rudy was *very* quick to make the brush and ship it. I love the faux-horn handle and the grip is fantastic!

I was thinking of buying a Simpson Chubby but then decided, why not spending a bit of money on one of our vendors? I am not disappointed!

Attachments

• $Rudy Vey Chubby 2.JPG
    $Rudy Vey Chubby 2.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 332
  • $Rudy Vey Chubby 3.JPG
    $Rudy Vey Chubby 3.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 331
  • $Rudy Vey Chubby 4.JPG
    $Rudy Vey Chubby 4.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 332
  • $Rudy Vey Chubby 1.JPG
    $Rudy Vey Chubby 1.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 333
A suggestion:

On Dec 25 you sneak downstairs before anyone is awake and use them right away. You know, so that you are PRESENTABLE for Christmas - yea, so you look your best for OTHERS. Not that you would actually ENJOY using them, it is for the benefit of greater mankind that you would open them early.:001_smile

I was looking at getting something a tiny bit different as a shaving brush. Don't get me wrong, I love my re-knotted Simms and I use that Omega Boar brush sometimes... However, I was curious if I get something with a lower loft and a bigger knot if it would be better as I always face lather now... I will know tomorrow.

I got a Rudy Vey based on the Chubby 1 (24mmx48mm two-band finest). Rudy was *very* quick to make the brush and ship it. I love the faux-horn handle and the grip is fantastic!

I was thinking of buying a Simpson Chubby but then decided, why not spending a bit of money on one of our vendors? I am not disappointed!

That's one of the best RV's I've seen. Simply beautiful. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Nice! I will give myself a R41 for Christmas this year and will use it starting next year, as a new years resolution!

Last edited:
An early HD500 Rocket, Red and Blue Tip Super Speed, NOS Pal Injecto-Matic and a NOS Aristocrat Junior.

Attachments

• $IMG_0520.jpg
    $IMG_0520.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 409
  • $IMG_0521.jpg
    $IMG_0521.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 411
  • $IMG_0538.jpg
    $IMG_0538.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 407
  • $IMG_0540.jpg
    $IMG_0540.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 408
  • $IMG_0541.jpg
    $IMG_0541.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 408
I guess this belongs here since everything showed up today:

Floris JF A/S; 200 Personna Lab blades; 100 Polsilvers; 100 Super Iridiums; QCS Wim's #3 LE; QCS Oriental Man, Unscented Oatmeal; Lavender Martini, Ginger Lime; and Vostok(2 bars) of bath soap-plus, Matt threw in the unscented Oatmeal soap for my daughter and a sample of the vetiver :drool::drool:

marty

Attachments

• $IMAG0167.jpg
    $IMAG0167.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
It's been a while since I had a score to report, but yesterday I got some goodies from Shoebox Shaving Shop. I would like to commend the owner for his lovely packaging, since each item was wrapped individually inside! IT was like opening a box of presents that came in teh mail!

I ordered:
Melanton Barba e baffi "ultimate beard wash (ordered one, got two since they were discontinued by the vendor)
Botot tooth paste
Borotalco 100 gram bottle
My Nik is Sealed styptic solution
Murray and LAnman Rue cologne "The scent of the darkside!"
Speick shaving cream

Now, I was originally only looking for the Botot and Borotalco in the same place, preferably one of the B&B vendors. However, I spent some time browsing the site, and discovered some other things that "I can't live without." Now, I just need to figure out where I Can get more of the Melanton once I use up what I have...

I purchased this butterscotch & red Made Rite boar brush from eBay, with a plan to restore it and install a new badger knot. However, after seeing it in person, I think it's too pretty to mess with. I doubt that the bristles have ever touched soap. I'm going to remedy that situation this weekend!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Nice looking brush Snargle. Good to hear you're going to use it as a boar brush.

I do cringe a bit when I see people removing old boar knots that look perfectly fine and replacing them with badger. That may be from my slight bias toward boar brushes though.

Nice looking brush Snargle. Good to hear you're going to use it as a boar brush.

I do cringe a bit when I see people removing old boar knots that look perfectly fine and replacing them with badger. That may be from my slight bias toward boar brushes though.

My previous experience with boar brushes was OK, but nothing special. But that brush was a Semogue Owner's Club, which has a huge knot. Since I'm now 99.9% face lathering, it was just too big. The knot on this Made Rite is 22mm, which seems more reasonable. I cleaned it up last night, and there was still a bit of pig funkiness, so I'm pretty sure this brush was never used before. An overnight soaking in Tabac lather seems to have cleaned up the smell quite nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom