What's new

Best natural soaps/creams?

This thread isn't meant to start a huge debate (maybe too late?), but I have started to replace all of my toiletries with ones free of parabens, sulfates, EDTA, etc, etc, etc...

Body soaps, shampoos, and hair creme are all very easy to replace; however, giving up my favorite shaving soaps and creams is the hard part. :sad:

So far I can only think of 2 soaps that fit this bill: Mama Bear's and Martin de Candre. I enjoy both, but is there anything else out there that I am missing? My SAD won't allow me to have only 2.... :001_tongu

Check out the RazoRock Artisan line. Their regular line has EDTA, but no parabens or sulfates. I think that the Artisan line is free of all you listed. Herban Cowboy is as well, and their aftershave balm is alright (not great though), I haven't tried the cream but haven't heard great things about it. Speick shaving cream and aftershaves look alright from a quick look, but the stick has EDTA.

I'll be following this as well, I'm trying to go away from some of the chemicals as well. Good luck!

Honeybee soaps, just got 4 pucks, was great

That triple delight looked real good, natural, I really want to tryit next, letme find link...

http://malaspinasoapfactory.ca/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=29

They have it cheaper if not in bowl, but it does it justice (picture) :)

There is a soap, supposed to shave good, "South of France", supposedly at select walmarts, and I got it at Kroger grocery store, the Shea moisturizer, I have yet to shave with it, but its extremely slick, and lathers great!

All over internet, its the triple milled...

I think QED soaps are natural, highly rated.

If im not mistaken, Cella is natural?

Look at my posts, I have same concern, with that, research ;)

Good luck, ill post results of south of france, cella, triple delight when I get them.

Lots of options. Benton Clay (which has some great scents and is inexpensive), Mama Bear, The Shave Library, Honeybee Spa...just off the top of my head.

Also check out Speick. I'm not sure about the EDTA but it doesn't have any of that other stuff.

A couple of soft soaps:
Barbus: Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Aqua, Coconut Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Parfum, Boric Acid, Linalool, Coumarin, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol.

Cella:Cocos Nucifera, Sodium Tallowate, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Aqua, Potassium Carbonate, Parfum.

Check out http://www.greatcanadiansoap.com/product_p/shv001.htm

Ingredients: Saponified olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil and castor oil, goat's milk, water, cosmetic clay and either Bayberry fragrance oil, Coconut and Vanilla fragrance oils or Unscented

I've been using their bar soap for a few years and it's great. Ordered the shaving soap, but haven't tried it yet...hopefully in the next few days...

I'm using Pacific shave cream and KMF Mint. Both are all natural. Both are great creams. The KMF Mint is becoming my favorite.

Valobra stick: Sodium Tallowate, Aqua, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Cocoate, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera, Lecithin, Parfum, Petrolatum, Zea Mays, Tocopheryl Acetate, C.I. 77891.

I find it to be really easy on the skin.

I'm using Pacific shave cream and KMF Mint. Both are all natural. Both are great creams. The KMF Mint is becoming my favorite.

Another vote for Pacific. It is indeed natural and lathers and shaves just fantastic. I'm really surprised I haven't seem it mentioned on here more.

Top Bottom