What's new

Johnnie Walker DOUBLE Black

Just bought a bottle on Friday. The marketing guys must have wanted more shelf space eh?

No age statement on the bottle which I didn't notice at first.

Peat, oak, good drinkin' scotch.

It was $5 more than the regular black.

For the price, I'd prefer a nice single barrel. The Macallan, maybe.

My go-to blends are Dewars and Famous Grouse.

I haven't seen the Double Black yet, but I'll look for it next time I need a bottle.

Right now, I kicked up my game and I'm drinking Green ... but when this runs out, I'll probably try the Double Black, if I can find it.

Well I'm at the end of the bottle. eh. I don't like it more than regular ol' black or the green. I sure hope a bottle of Gold falls out the sky soon. That's my preference of the lot, including the blue.

Has anyone tried Johnnie Walker SWING? I've only seen a bottle one time, but never tasted it.

I have tried it. It is like a cross between Green and Gold. Very tasty. The bottle is cool also.

Well I'm at the end of the bottle. eh. I don't like it more than regular ol' black or the green. I sure hope a bottle of Gold falls out the sky soon. That's my preference of the lot, including the blue.

Gold is one of my favorites. Cannot beat it for a price.

I found the Double Black about a month ago ... Although I paid about $8 more than regular JWB for my first bottle, I now find it at my favorite supermarket for just $2 more than regular JWB.

I really like it ... it has a more complex flavor than JWB with the same alcohol content. I'm sipping on some as I write this. Although I almost never drink at home, its New Year's Eve, so I thought I'd splurge a little.

I drank some with one of my roommates last week, just for taste-testing purposes, and I noticed that it got me to "my happy place" much faster than regular Black. It was a lot smoother, too ... going both uphill and downhill.

Since this is labeled as a "Limited Edition" does anyone know if this is going to be a continuing product? Perhaps something that comes out just for the Holidays? Or is this a one time good deal, never to be seen again? If that's the case, I should stock up and get a few bottles in reserve to get me through the next 3 years.

In 2014, I'll be turning 60yo, and retiring from work, and I'm planning to treat myself to a bottle of Blue to celebrate the double-whammy.

I has some this week as a gift: it was very smooth with a nice, oak finish. Can't really compare to black or green, but it was good.

I've never heard of Christopher Hitchens, but he speaks the truth. And I like the way he says it, too. I'll have to look for more of his musings.

Besides its prominence in the Middle Eastern upper echelons he spoke of, JWB was also the favorite drink of Winston Churchill.

A recent entry on the Johnnie Walker Facebook page asked "Who would you most like to share a drink with?" ... and Churchill was the #1 response.

I haven't been too impressed with JWB. I have a bottle of the black, but it just sits around. Blue is great of course, but I feel it's overpriced for what it is. Not knocking it - it is definitely one of the smoothest scotches I have ever tried, but I probably won't be buying a bottle.

Top Bottom