What's new

WTB Cross converter

Does anyone happen to know where I can pick up a Cross fountain pen converter? The pen (Cross Townsend) that I just got off of ebay (pix later) didn't include one, and I feel like an idiot.

Geordon:

Try the Cross Pen Web site, Amazon.com or Pendemonium. They all come up on a Google search showing that they stock convertors for Townsends. Also, please let me know how you like the Townsend. I love big pens and have had my eye out for a Townsend. Thanks and good luck.

Don

PS Welcome to B&B. We are glad to have you here.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pointer, Don. I don't know why I didn't think of going right to Cross in the first place. :D $6.41 later, I have a Toownsend converter en route.

I have used a Townsend in the past, and I like the size and weight. My only (minor) complaint is that the shaft of the pen is so smooth as to be almost slick if you're not careful. This pen wants a light grip or it gets wiggly like an infant. :D

Caveat emptor: the pen that I received was not the titanium finish, but a Medalist in chrome. Not what I wanted, and the sellers pix were crap. But, shipped well and quickly.

Not sure where you live, but check your local stationery store. Cross is one of the most widely distributed brands, most stores should have a converter on hand.

Not sure where you live, but check your local stationery store. Cross is one of the most widely distributed brands, most stores should have a converter on hand.

I live in something like the third largest city in Illinois (Rockford) and we don't have a stationer that I am aware of. To the best of my knowledge, the nearest likely stationer is in Chicago, about 2 hours away. Did I mention that this city that I live in SUCKS?

However, I was able to order one from the Cross website for $5.41 (incl. tax) + $1.00 for handling. Should be here in a couple of days.

Top Bottom