What's new

SOTD Request

Gentlemen,

The past two weeks I've been trying to pay particular attention to the soaps/creams that are currently being used. I find that it's sometimes very difficult. If you scan through the SOTDs many of them are practically in code (and I've been around for a while!)... think of what a new guy is seeing!

When I first started, the SOTDs were invaluable to me because I could see what products others were using and discover new items to research.

I'm guilty of cryptic SOTD posts also, but I've started working to make my SOTDs a little more clear for the layman. Maybe you'll consider the same.:smile:

Thanks,

Bravo! I'll second that motion.. Perhaps, if you believe it's important enough to put in the Shave of the Day (SOTD), it must be important enough to spell it out the first time you use it in your post, just like I did with SOTD...
Nothing better than a WWR, CWR, followed by a CWS to make ya' feel better! :001_rolle HUMBUG!
Reminds me of a song from HAIR, LBJ took the IRT down to Main St. USA. What did he see when he got there? The youth of America on LSD! LBJ, IRT, FBI, USA!:a17:

M

modern man

60's FB/IP
C&E BBB
TGQ BR/O SS
AV ABAS

Dose anyone with 25 post or less know what I just said?

If they do, the cryptic is still ok with me. :lol:

In the past I would type out "B&B 2006 Finest or Standard Ebony or Horn Brush" but that got to be a bit of a pain so now I just do B&B2k6 X Y in my SOTD. I don't know if that helps out anyone. :)

60's FB/IP
C&E BBB
TGQ BR/O SS
AV ABAS

Dose anyone with 25 post or less know what I just said?

If they do, the cryptic is still ok with me. :lol:

1960's Fat Boy/Israeli Personas
Crabtree and Evelyn Best Badger Brush
The Gentleman's Quarter Bay Rum/Orange shave soap
Aqua Velva Aftershave balm/After Shave

The AV part got me a little, but I'm still scared that I can come close to figuring that out.:redface:

Jordan

M

modern man

1960's Fat Boy/Israeli Personas
Crabtree and Evelyn Best Badger Brush
The Gentleman's Quarter Bay Rum/Orange shave soap
Aqua Velva Aftershave balm/After Shave

The AV part got me a little, but I'm still scared that I can come close to figuring that out.:redface:

Jordan

I SAID UNDER 25 POSTS!

Great, ruin my fun. :tongue_sm :lol:

ABAS=Alcohol based after shave.

Gentlemen,

The past two weeks I've been trying to pay particular attention to the soaps/creams that are currently being used. I find that it's sometimes very difficult. If you scan through the SOTDs many of them are practically in code (and I've been around for a while!)... think of what a new guy is seeing!

When I first started, the SOTDs were invaluable to me because I could see what products others were using and discover new items to research.

I'm guilty of cryptic SOTD posts also, but I've started working to make my SOTDs a little more clear for the layman. Maybe you'll consider the same.:smile:

Thanks,

:thumbup: or at least agree on certain abbreviations, add them to the ShaveWiki and stick to them :wink:.

I am very guilty as charged ,but I will say that I get at least 12-15 Pm's a month about products pictured in my SOTD. So don't be shy if you see (or read something) post a question or send a PM.

I think we can a little more lenient if you've already gone to the trouble of posting a picture.:wink:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
after shower at the sink:

'56 Gillette SS red-tip/IP (3)
Kent BK4
Trumper LSF
Euro Palmolive Classic s/c
WWR
touch up with disposable Gillette
CWS
Thayers Lavender w/h
Pinaud Bay Rum a/s

after shower at the sink:

'56 Gillette SS red-tip/IP (3)
Kent BK4
Trumper LSF
Euro Palmolive Classic s/c
WWR
CWS
Thayers Lavender w/h
Pinaud Bay Rum a/s

Translation: :biggrin:

'56 Gillette Super Speed red-tip with Israeli Personna blade (Day 3)
Kent BK4
Trumper Limes Skin Food (as a pre-shave)
Euro Palmolive Classic shave cream
Warn Water Rinse
Cold Water Splash
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Pinaud Bay Rum aftershave

Top Bottom