What's new

Personna Medical Prep vs Personna Labs

Okay, I have to put this out there. Some people say Personna Medical Prep and Personna Labs are the exact same razor blade except that the Medical blade has been sterilized for medical use and is more expensive as a result of that.

Others say that the Medical Preps clearly shave better than the Labs.

What say ye??

My journey with these great blades started in Sept. 2010 which can be found here. My comparison can be found here. As I indicated back then a friend ordered his from EMS (the lab blades) and I ordered the Meds from Robbins. We traded some and neither of us could tell the difference.

Since then a few individuals have indicated that despite what ASR said at that time (the blades were made the same but the Meds undergo a sterilization process for hospitals), that they felt a difference in the shave. Since every face and beard differs the best advice is to try both and see what works for you.

As for me, I usually use the Meds since I bought so many from Robbins. :001_tongu

Be interesting to see your experience.

On my face, the labs are a totally different and far inferior blade.

Are you sure they are labs and not barber blades? The problem Personna has it that the lab and barber blades look the same! The only way to distinguish the meds is the wording on the blade itself - something missing from the labs.

My friend bought his labs from EMS - a lab supply company.

OK now i am wondering...how do you tell the difference between the:

Med Preps
Labs
Barber?

I have what I believe to be the "Labs". Blue 100 box. Paid $16 locally.

Any input?

Shouldn't this thread be in the "razor blade" thread? Might get a few
more guys responses that know about these, there's some dry knowlegale people over there, and I haven't seen them chiming in, maybe they dont scan the general shave thread, just an idea. :)

I have 100 of both and I cannot tell any difference. Done the shave each side of the face with each blade and can't tell any difference.

I even have them all tossed in together as I don't care which one I pick out when I grab one.

The Medical Prep blades say for Hospital Use on the blade itself. The lab blades and barber blades you are on your own! There is no way to tell from the package or the blade.

The Medical Prep blades say for Hospital Use on the blade itself. The lab blades and barber blades you are on your own! There is no way to tell from the package or the blade.

My understanding:

Medical Prep Blades: have "For Hospital Use" on the blade and come in a blue wrapper which says "Super" on it.
Lab Blades: do not have "For Hospital Use" on them and come in a blue wrapper which says "Super" on it.
See the differences here.

Barber Blades: Only have "Made in USA" on them and come in a white wrapper that, except for color and printing, is identical to the blue wrapper of the prep & lab blades. See here.

Is the general consensus for med preps? I've tried all the personnas and the meds work for me. Still searching though.

My understanding:

Medical Prep Blades: have "For Hospital Use" on the blade and come in a blue wrapper which says "Super" on it.
Lab Blades: do not have "For Hospital Use" on them and come in a blue wrapper which says "Super" on it.
See the differences here.

Barber Blades: Only have "Made in USA" on them and come in a white wrapper that, except for color and printing, is identical to the blue wrapper of the prep & lab blades. See here.

This is the way it's been explained in the past.

I have both the Meds and Labs, no doubt about it for me they shave different with the Meds shaving better. The Labs don't shave as close and last 1 or 2 shaves less but still maybe worth the money since they cost far less.

Top Bottom