What's new

Another Lesson Learned

I did something kind of stupid this morning. I shaved with a razor I've never used before, a blade I've never used before and a soap I've never used before. I had the worst shave I've had since I started doing this. Normally I just change one thing at a time so I know what works and what doesn't, but this morning I thought I'd just really change things up. What a mistake. My neck looks like poison ivy rash, and I've got razor burn on my face in places where I've never had it before.

The razor was a vintage Canadian Tech, the blade was a Shark, and the soap was RazoRock Cacao cream soap. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the razor or the soap, but I'm suspicious of the blade. It didn't feel good from the start, and I should have changed it right away, but... I thought well, maybe its just because its a razor that feels a bit different. I've used other RazoRock products and had some of the best shaves ever so I'm pretty sure that wasn't the culprit.

Anyhow, from now on, I stick to my rule: only change one variable at a time. Dang my face is sore. :mad5:

I did something kind of stupid this morning. I shaved with a razor I've never used before, a blade I've never used before and a soap I've never used before.

I do that all the time - it's great fun :001_smile

Yep, been there many times. Now I try to just change one variable so there's no guesswork about what the problem was. Sharks are a great blade for me in most of my razors, might not be good in that Tech for you though.

Top Bottom