What's new

Old Spice shaving soap???

Is it out there? just wondering if any of you guys have heard of it, or if you can get somthing that smells like the original scent? even thinking about getting a old spice shaving mug.. but I am wondering if i'll have problems since my badger brush is pretty short... thanks

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Is it out there? just wondering if any of you guys have heard of it, or if you can get somthing that smells like the original scent? even thinking about getting a old spice shaving mug.. but I am wondering if i'll have problems since my badger brush is pretty short... thanks

I believe they quit making the original back in the eighties. It was my first shave soap and I still have my mug.

You can easily find the mugs at antique shops and on ebay. They are rather small, so the short brush shouldn't be a problem. The Honey Bee Spa soaps I have fit in it, but the larger soaps don't.

I sent Joel a cake of the original stuff a few years ago. I thought the scent had faded to something well...not Old Spice. I did not use it however so cannot comment. Who knows? Joel, how did that soap work for you anyway? If memory serves, it is not really in a class much different than say Williams or the like.

Regards, Todd

I used it for years, from '82 or so until it was discontinued (some time in '92 or '93 I believe). It actually did NOT smell like Old Spice aftershave or cologne -- it had an excellent, clean scent of its own. I have tried some of the various old spice scented soaps out there, and they are NOTHING LIKE the original!

Anyhow, as to the mug -- the OS mugs were big (wide) but relatively shallow. A small brush should not be a problem (I used to use OS soap, in the OS mug, with my little Rooney travel brush).

I sent Joel a cake of the original stuff a few years ago. I thought the scent had faded to something well...not Old Spice. I did not use it however so cannot comment. Who knows? Joel, how did that soap work for you anyway? If memory serves, it is not really in a class much different than say Williams or the like.

Regards, Todd

Yeah - it was pretty so-so, no better than williams. :smile:

I don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but figured it would be better than starting a new one...
Are there any places out there that sell a comparable shave soap to the soap Old Spice used to sell?
(Other than the ones already posted in this thread, I mean.)

Stirling soaps has a nice original old spice scent. In puck for mugs or in tubs. It smells just like it! I dont have a OS mug yet but it fits in a Marvy or burma mug.

Stirling soaps has a nice original old spice scent. In puck for mugs or in tubs. It smells just like it! I dont have a OS mug yet but it fits in a Marvy or burma mug.

I've got a tub of the Stirling Spice soap. It is one of my favorites for sure. I hope they keep the scent around for a while.

Top Bottom