What's new

Taste of Heaven by Kilian

For me it shares some of that powdery accord that is in Pens racquets and sartorial. Anyone else note the similarity?

Have only smelled a sample and really like this. LIke it better than Straight to Heaven.

Which of the Kilian's is suppose to be lavender to die for? Haven't smelled any of them, but did discover that Aedes de Venustas has a good sample program and carries Kilian.

I think Taste of Heaven is the lavender one of which you speak. I REALLY like it (got a little sample from luckyscent).

Some compare it to Caron pour un homme but I have never tried the Caron so I can't judge.

I am a huge fan of back to black. so i sampled taste of heaven and find it AMAZING.
I also sampled sweet redemption (did not like) and also straight to heaven (i like this but not worth buying as i cant see myself wearing it often enough to justify)

John, A Taste of Heaven is the lavender one. It is fantastic. I have a sample and I'm saving up for a full bottle- it's really that good. Haven't tried Straight to Heaven, though.

Some compare it to Caron pour un homme but I have never tried the Caron so I can't judge.

The Caron is smoother, in my opinion. There is absinthe in the Kilian that makes it sharper and stronger to my nose. Both are nice and I could see enjoying both in my wardrobe.

Re Kilians being expensive:

IF i end up buying another kilians such as taste of heaven, i will get the travel size spray. It's $135 and you get I think a total of 1 oz (4 x .25 oz vials, I did this for back to black). I think that's better than getting the full 1.7 fl oz bottle for $225 (the bottle and box is very nice but stuff I dont reallly care about). I hardly ever finish bottles so the smaller size makes more sense for me.

If money is a real real issue, one can buy the refill which costs I think $70 but then you'd have to go through trouble of putting it into your own atomizer which I would rather not deal with.

The Caron is smoother, in my opinion. There is absinthe in the Kilian that makes it sharper and stronger to my nose. Both are nice and I could see enjoying both in my wardrobe.

If I wanted to save some $ would getting the Caron be close enough to what I'm smelling with this fantastic taste of heaven sample? i.e. I could buy Caron + another nice frag for as much or less than Taste of Heaven

If I wanted to save some $ would getting the Caron be close enough to what I'm smelling with this fantastic taste of heaven sample? i.e. I could buy Caron + another nice frag for as much or less than Taste of Heaven

I would say yes. They are a little different, but I like the Caron just as much and maybe more.

As far as I'm concerned there are 3 lavenders. When I want mint with sharp lavender it is O&C. Some pepper and lavender and I reach for L'Occitane. And vanilla and Lavender nothing beats A Taste of Heaven (which I think is much better than caron YMMV). As of today I now own all three and have no itch for anymore lavenders. Maybe if I want straight lavender all day long I'd pick up some ELDO Antiheroes at some point.

Mentioning the Caron and ToH in the same sentence should be a bannable offense!

Seriously the difference in quality is HUGE. Is it worth the extra $$? Well only you can answer that for yourself.

Back to Black, Taste of Heaven, and Straight to Heaven are all amazing scents. I don't own any of them, but will be remedying that issue in the coming months.

Taste of Heaven is the strongest and longest lasting lavender I've run into. Easily 10 hours.

Dennard is right, the absinthe gives Taste of Heaven a little kick that separates it from Caron Pour un Homme.

Last edited:
I have a Taste of Heaven, and yes it is really that good as previous members have described. But for lavender-vanilla combination I would rather choose Arome 3.
My favorite lavender would be Lavanda Nobile by Nobile 1942.

Kilians can be bought in refill bottles. Price is not so high then I suppose. They come cheaper than Pens or MPGs or such in refills.

The refills are a great way to go. $70 for an ounce is not an outrageous price, and they are just bottles with screw-on lids. Very easy to pour into an atomizer bottle with a screw-on sprayer. I'm seriously considering getting several of the Kilian's this way. For full price, I'd stay with the Caron PuH, but for $70 I'm reconsidering owning both.

Very interested in By Killian. The fact that you can get free shipping at Aedes combined with the fact that the refill bottles are priced so well make a purchase a consideration...when I can generate more funds with a den clearing...:wink2:

Eh, I tried Taste of Heaven, and it's totally great. Really fantastic. But while it's ten times (literally) more expensive than Caron PH, it's absolutely not ten times better in my view.

Anyone who loves ToH, but doesn't love the price tag-- get a sample of PuH (or just buy a bottle... it's 25 bucks or so). Certainly got a bit less oomph to it, but it's playing the same tune.

Bought the Travel size of Taste of Heaven for $135. You get a nice looking travel sprayer along with 4 x 0.25 oz bottles. I think it's a good buy, since I'm a guy who never finishes bottles because I move on to the next great scent.

LOVE this frag!

That makes 2 Kilian purchases for me. Back to Black and Taste of Heaven and both are AMAZING.

Also I can see Taste being a wear any occasion scent. Back to Black seems more like a evening/romantic scent.

Top Bottom