What's new

Can't stop shaving

Been wetshaving with a brush,DE razor,nice creams etc for about 7 or 8 months now.Technique seems to be improving all the time and I now have great shaves on a regular basis.Recently I've been shaving everyday(something I never even considered before) and I just can't seem to stop.I maybe have one day off in 10 say.Before bed at night I'm already thinking what cream,soap a/s etc I'm going to use the next day.If I feel like a really close shave I use the gold Slant.If I just want a close and comfortable I go for the Gillette black handle adjustable.I'm shaving daft.Is this normal?:eek:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Don't worry. Eventually, you'll hit a point of equilibrium, and take off three or four hours a day.:thumbup:

We have two factors working against us:

1. Most of us (maybe all of us) feel to some extent that being cleanly shaven marks us as gentlemen of an extraordinary caliber. We take great care in our personal presentation and place a good deal of stock in that of others. We have always wanted (or recently developed a desire for) a reliably excellent shave every day. This is something that we have struggled to obtain using more widespread methods; having discovered wet shaving we are elated at reaching this goal. I used to shave two or three times a week with an M3, now I feel disheveled and uncomfortable if I miss a day.
  2. The wet shave is possibly the most relaxing ritual in the anthology of masculine activities. Almost daily I find myself passing up other activities that I used the think were relaxing and fun in favor of a good shave. When my shaving cream came out of a can and my razor a plastic bubble I did my very best to combine my shave with my shower whenever possible hoping that this irritating necessity would cease to rob time from my morning. Now I get up earlier. My morning shave is better than a cup of coffee. My girlfriend can keep her facials and mani/pedis, my personal barber shop has every day spa in town beat.

Early on the time I spent shaving was a small point of contention between me and SWMBO. She realized how much better she liked my face with the soaps and the aftershave and the no stubble at all and dropped it right away.

She still gets irritated when another couple dozen old razors show up on the front porch…

Been wetshaving with a brush,DE razor,nice creams etc for about 7 or 8 months now.Technique seems to be improving all the time and I now have great shaves on a regular basis.Recently I've been shaving everyday(something I never even considered before) and I just can't seem to stop.I maybe have one day off in 10 say.Before bed at night I'm already thinking what cream,soap a/s etc I'm going to use the next day.If I feel like a really close shave I use the gold Slant.If I just want a close and comfortable I go for the Gillette black handle adjustable.I'm shaving daft.Is this normal?:eek:

Normal for around here...:lol:

I haven't missed a day this year!

Is this normal?:eek:

I do not know if I am qualified to assertain whether this is normal or not. But I do know that you are asking a lot of gents here at B&B that are enablers of your wetshaving addiction and acquitition disorders......me being one of them. BTW, I don't start thinking about tomorrow's shave before bedtime. I start thinking about it immediately after today's shave....... ain't it fun!!!

The only time I take a day off is if something special is coming in the mail and I wanna save some whiskers for it :biggrin: you know, new soap, new razor.. etc

I think my wife brags about my shaving more than I do, always telling people to touch my face to feel how smooth it is:redface:

I can relate to that. My wife loves to touch my face, especially in the neck, and goes "uau, baby bottom smooth" or "smooth, smooth as velvet" (we're Portuguese, but of course she says that in English).

I guess she is happy to se me happy. :001_smile

And of course that now I’m always looking forward to my next shave, while before I considered it as nuisance. :biggrin:

This is definately normal, I was the same way. I HATED shaving. I mean really hated, but after switching the proper techniques I learned here, I now look forward to every shave. :thumbup:

Top Bottom