What's new

What modern razor is closest to a Gillette Slim?

I currently shave with a 1964 Slim that was my grandfather's. It is still in great shape but I would like to get a newer razor to keep the miles down on the slim. I love shaving with the slim so I need to find a razor that is closest to it. Thanks for any info.

don't worry about putting miles on your slim that thing was made to out last you, but if your looking for a new razor i would recommend a Merkur Futur a little more aggressive but a good razor good luck

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
That Slim will outlast you frankly... They are built like tanks. Doubtful you will put much milage that is excessive on it. I agree with a previous poster, buy a "back-up" Slim if you are so inclined.

Thanks for the replies, I have thought about just buying another one and often see them for around $10 so I will probably just pick one up from an antique store or something.

That slim will outlast you and any cheap built modern razor you buy. Find another slim you aint attached to and go to town.

I'd agree...be patient and keep your eye on eBay and BST and you'll eventually find a near-mint Slim for the price you'd pay for a modern adjustable.

Top Bottom