What's new

TFS Bergamotto Neroli, the Italian answer to MdC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tcheon Fung Sing (Ciotole Barba Rosse) now also has a high end soap. Their master soap maker makes it once in a while, by hand in small batches from the best ingredients (according to them). My Dutch supplier had some jars, so I took one (17,95 euros plus shipping for 125 ml). Received it yesterday and used it this morning. It smells great to me: like fresh lemons. As I figured this had to be something like MdC :wink2:, I took a small Vie-long pro horse, and shook the water of. Swirled for just 5 seconds and took the brush to my face, tho I could hardly see any soap on my brush. I smelled lemons, and saw how the lather started to build quickly on my face. I was ready for the first pass in no time. Had a great 2 pass shave with my Fatip loaded with a Feather Crow. After that I even had enough lather left for a third pass with the JB Rhodes, loaded with a PAL Hollow Ground injector blade. Finished up with Agua Lavanda Puig, Vitos dopobarba and Vitos AS.
The soap looks unused, so I guess this one will last for a while... Do not need my usual 3 grams now :001_smile

Last edited:
Interesting observations! I have ordered one jar as well, in fact it's waiting for me to be picked up. If only life wasn't so chaotic the last couple of days, I could have used it a couple of times already.
I have also ordered the Ciotole Barbe Blu, for sensitive skin. Also a new soap. Oh, and a kilo brick of their Ciotole Barbe Rosse because I really like that stuff!

Interesting observations! I have ordered one jar as well, in fact it's waiting for me to be picked up. If only life wasn't so chaotic the last couple of days, I could have used it a couple of times already.
I have also ordered the Ciotole Barbe Blu, for sensitive skin. Also a new soap. Oh, and a kilo brick of their Ciotole Barbe Rosse because I really like that stuff!

I like it too, one of my favs :thumbup: Have to try the Blu one day...

Bergamotto Neroli, and a tub identical to Aqua de Parma peaked my interest... :001_smile
Will order some and try when next paycheck is in.

never saw this one...can one of you guys post a few photos? thanks !
Here you go:
Bergamotto Neroli on the left, Ciotole Barbe Blu on the right.
proxy.php

And the ingredients:
proxy.php

Thanks for the interest shaving friends!

I just reinstalled the google translate option on our pages, which was vanished after an update of the template. You can now choose your language by clicking the Google box left under each page.

Let me know if it isn't working!

Bye,

Eric

I gave an order to see what it's like.

BTW ;) , "BTW" appears to be Dutch VAT, in case anyone else was wondering like me but wasn't sure.

At that price, it had better be the god's own soap, and even then, I would probably not buy it.

Know the feeling. I have been looking at MdC for quite a while, as I could not believe a jar would last that long. Usually need 3 to 5 times more soap than those reporting here :wink: I wanted to try it, but did not want to spend that much money. Then came TFS Bergamotto Neroli, distributed by my Dutch supplier. For me a lot cheaper than MdC and it gave me an opportunity to see if soaps like this do last that much longer. The way it looks now (two shaves down) it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom