What's new

Nirvana achieved too fast!

Dear all,

I'm a long time lurker, finally got around to checking in to vent my frustration.

I have been a wet shaver for at least ten years, using the best creams and brushes I could find, but always with a cartridge razor. I ditched the cartridge a couple of months ago in search of the perfect shave, and the gear acquisition syndrome kicked in big-time.

Unfortunately, I have come across the perfect shave very quickly: Kyle's prep, Trufitt & Hill pre-shave oil, TOBS avocado cream, Gillette 7 o'clock yellows in a Gillette Fatboy, 3 passes. An absolutely effortless totally smooth shave which lasts for at least 12 hours before making a reappearance.

I am very disappointed, because I feel my new found hobby now cannot be bettered. At least part of what we are interested in is the pursuit of the perfect shave. When you have it, you know it.

I have a drawer full of razors and blades I don't ever feel the need to try, but I probably will keep on trying them all out just in case..

Don't worry, you have a whole world of different scented creams and soaps out there to explore, even if you stick with your fatboy and gillette blades!

If you want more of a challenge I guess you could take up shaving with a straight. :001_tt2:

Congratulations on the BBS shave...here is hoping they continue.

Great responses and ideas above! Lots left to experience, even after your Nirvana with your current set-up. E!njoy

Congrats and welcome!

Beyond "the perfect shave", there are plenty of soaps, creams, and razors to try out. I think that's what makes this "hobby" continually rewarding.

Welcome aboard B&B. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Looks like you are off to a good start. Now, you just have to stop worrying about having achieved perfection and enjoy yourself.

Besides, how do you really know you have found shaving nirvana until you have tried all the other possible combinations. It may get even better.....

Last edited:
Don't let them just sit in a drawer. Put them on display and show us the photos; or Put them up for sale.

Welcome.

Top Bottom