What's new

Need a custom pen maker

I have been writing with the uni-ball JetStream pens for three years now, and they are hands-down my favorite pen. They write like a ballpoint but are much, much smoother. The ink flows as easily as a roller ball, but it dries very quickly and does not streak.

The only problem is that they are cheap and plasticky-looking. They do have a "premier," but it's made of cheap plastic, too. I would like a pen maker to make me a pen that looks like the nicer Parker or Mont Blanc offerings, but using the JetStream refills.

Does anyone know a good pen maker that might be up to the task?

Sincerely

Mag

me! (imho) I have done a few pen's for a couple guys here. Hopefully, they can vouche for my pen's first hand.

Last edited:
me! (imho) I have done a few pen's for a couple guys here. Hopefully, they can vouche for my pen's first hand.

really? If you can make me a click-style pen, cigar style, with elegant black body and silver colored fittings, that uses the uni-ball JetStream refill, then I think we've got something to work with. :) Let's talk in PM.

I'll second Rudy Vey. (Nothing against penmanship.) He's done a fountain pen and multiple brushes for me, and I couldn't be happier with his craftsmanship or his customer service.

Hi all,

Thanks for the many kind and informative responses. The conclusion I've come to after discussing the matter with many pen makers both here and elsewhere is that my request cannot be accommodated. It would involve creating the mechanism by which the JetStream refill click action functions, which apparently no one can/will do. Every pen maker I've talked to (a dozen at this point) has asked me to try the Parker-style refills... which almost defeats the point since there are already lots of elegant, dressy pens available for the Parker-style refill. But I digress... and cave in and resolve to try the Parker-style refills.

That said, one pen maker was very helpful and even went out and bought JetStream refills to test them herself to figure out which Parker-style refill ink performs in the most similar fashion to the JetStream. She recommended a certain Parker-style refill that I've referenced in another post in this forum. If I like it, and if it really does write similarly to the JetStream, I'll get a custom pen made by her. She went above and beyond my expectations for a custom maker.

Cheers,

Mag

Well, sad news... the Parker Refill suggested to me, "Private Reserve Schmidt Easy Flow 9000," is no comparison to the JetStream. Frankly, for such an expensive refill, I was disappointed. It does not write nearly as smoothly as the JetStream, and it smears very easily. The JetStream writes butter-smooth and dries instantly, literally. My search continues...

If you know of any pen maker who might be willing to take this project on, please do point me in her/his direction!

Sincerely,

Mag

Top Bottom