What's new

Muhle Silvertip FIBER???

This kind of thing would be a good alternative if you have some moral or religious aversion to natural hair, I guess. Otherwise, get "the real thing for a few more bucks". (IMHO)

Something for the shaver wishing to go 100% vegan!

Apparently it's not as soft as previous fibres, but has substantially more backbone (but that's just what I've read, I demand 100% badger in my brushes).

Something for the shaver wishing to go 100% vegan!

Or for the curious:lol:

Apparently it's not as soft as previous fibres, but has substantially more backbone (but that's just what I've read, I demand 100% badger in my brushes).

Ben, these are 100% badger. But they are synthetic badgers:lol: Little artificial life forms they raise for this specific purpose:lol: The great thing is, there's a button underneath that causes an instant 100% molting. They gather the fibers and in about 6 months they've all grown back.....

Ken

Ben, these are 100% badger. But they are synthetic badgers:lol: Little artificial life forms they raise for this specific purpose:lol: The great thing is, there's a button underneath that causes an instant 100% molting. They gather the fibers and in about 6 months they've all grown back.....

Ken, you are quite right and if I'm not mistaken their preferred habit is amongst the groves of the razor blade trees where from which they emerge but once a day to frolic in the foam that is deposited on the soapy shores of lather bay...

I have one in 23 mm and I think it is pretty amazing.
Kevan put it just right in his 'Serious contender' thread and above.

Besides that, it is a pleasure to use, and I cannot wait to have a couple more!

Ken, you are quite right and if I'm not mistaken their preferred habit is amongst the groves of the razor blade trees where from which they emerge but once a day to frolic in the foam that is deposited on the soapy shores of lather bay...

I think you are spot on, Ben. If anyone has photos of the illusive beast, please post.

Besides that, it is a pleasure to use, and I cannot wait to have a couple more!

+1 Wim! Love to try one.:wink:

Ken

Last edited:
The Muhle Silvertip Fiber is surprisingly soft and works much better than my EJ synthetic with the older type of synthetic hair. The only thing I find myself wanting from mine is a larger one. I think the 23mm would be just right and hold just the right amount of lather for me. I have a 21mm. If you have reasons against using animal hair it's a great alternative. I still ain't giving up badger or boar though! :laugh:

Top Bottom