What's new

Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley vs Lined handle

Can anyone talk me out of wanting a DE89 with the barley textured handle, since I already have the lined version? I like the look of it, and would like to replace my lined handle with a barley one. Can anyone offer a comparison between the two?

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the barley chrome handle, not the chatsworth barley handle (what's with the price tag on those?).

I don't think you'll see much difference between your 89L and the 89 Barley ... they both weigh the same, and the only difference is in the textured grip ... unless you're having problems holding onto your 89L, the Barley won't do much for you.

OTOH, the Barley Chatsworth is a longer, heftier handle, and that would make it worth the extra cost ... I've looked at them many times, but until one pops up on BST at a fair price, its out of reach for me to get a new one at the current prices.

I don't think you'll see much difference between your 89L and the 89 Barley ... they both weigh the same, and the only difference is in the textured grip

The Barley Chrome is actually 3 grams heavier than the lined handle.

Weight comparison from left: Mühle R89/R41 handle, EJDEA89L handle, DE89BA11 handle, DE89BA11 complete.
proxy.php

Ivan I posted my impressions of the Barley in the thread below. I am a long time
lined handle user but I now prefer the Barley.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/202697-EJ-DE89BA11-Barley-Chrome?highlight=

Top Bottom