What's new

DR Harris Arlington,DR Harris Almond

I have bought a puck of the Harris Almond. I lathers fine and shaves great. I am thinking about trying the Harris Arlington. Are they fundamentally the same formulation of soap with the major difference in scents? Thanks for your comments....

They all lather great and it is just a difference in scents. I have all three.............

Mm, I thought there were 4? Arlington, Marlborough, Almond and Lavender.

Edit; with the new Naturals that would of course make 5 but the reports about that one are less than stellar.

Last edited:
Like the others have mentioned all the D.R. Harris soaps are the same except for the scents, you wouldn't be dissapointed by the performance of the Almond if you like the Arlington.

I've the Arlington soap in mahogny bowl: one of my favorites. Thick and wonderful lather with a nice citrus scent. Soon I'll get the AS too :)
Lavender is next on the list :001_tongu

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
They all lather great and it is just a difference in scents. I have all three.............

You know they have four soaps, right? (I am not an enabler):biggrin:

on edit: I just saw your response upthread- but truly, you are 75% of the way there. Go for the gusto :001_smile

Last edited:
I like the scent of Arlington a lot better than the Almond. To me, the Almond had a strong, sharp, pungent scent that I did not like. I sold the puck with bowl without even using it.

I have tried all but the lavender. One is as awesome as the next.

The lavender is hands down my favorite.

Arlington is a close second and the Almond (once it has aired out for a long time so it's less pungent) is third. Marlborough smells like something I would pay a steam cleaning service to get out of my carpet after a smoker had rented my house. :scared:

I enjoy the Arlington as well. The Almond is waiting on the shelf. It would be strange if the Marlborough wouldn't materialise soon as well. However I don't like Lavender, so that will stay out. And if the reports on the Naturals don't improve, I'll wait with that one.

The Almond is not a pure Almond the way Acca Kappa 1869 strikes me. The Harris Almond has something else in it that takes it more in the Sandalwood direction to me. I love the lather and am ok with the scent, but I prefer the Arlington scent by a wide margin.

Have only D.R. Harris lavender and almond. The lavender is wonderful! The almond doesn't smell of almond, but more eau de quinine or vetiver; a slightly bitter, medicinal smell. Still nice!

Top Bottom