What's new

Chicago Wet Shavers Get Together and Expo 11/10/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
To attend the event and have access to the Shave Forum VIP room, you have to register through the event web page:

http://smallflower.givezooks.com/events/the-great-shave-presented-by-merz-downtown

Men (and women), please join us for an evening celebrating wet shaving!

Merz Apothecary is proud to host an evening dedicated to shaving and men's grooming. We will feature shave experts (including Mark Herro - Mantic59 on YouTube!) demonstrating technique and answering questions, shave products from the world's best shaving brands, and great conversation with shaving afficianados from across the globe.

If you are already a fan of wet shaving, this will be your chance to meet and mingle with other like-minded wet shave enthusiasts. If you're a wet shave beginner and want to learn more, this is the event for you. You will have the chance to ask questions of experts, and you can explore one of the country's largest selections of shave equipment in every price range.

The 140 year-old Palmer House will be the luxurious setting for this unique event, featuring live music, and delicious food specifically designed for this event, along with unique cocktails, beer, wine and more. We are anticipating a fun and exciting evening of shaving and grooming presentations, fashion vendors and services, and more thanks to the brilliant event planning of Erin Patrick, of erin patrick: events fashioned!

Merz Apothecary - Shave Forum VIP Hour:
From 5-6pm on the evening of the event, Merz Apothecary and Smallflower.com will host a VIP event specifically for our customers and our friends from the various wet shave forums. You must register through this page in order to be invited to the VIP event. More info will be emailed to you as the event approaches.

***UPDATE***

- Neil Jagger, owner and founder of Edwin Jagger, and Geofatboy, of straight razor and DE razor shaving video fame, are attending the event!!!!!

We look forward to seeing you there!

Please email any questions to: [email protected]

Last edited:
What to Expect:
- shave experts demonstrating technique and answering questions
- shave products from the world's best shaving brands
- great conversation with shave aficionados from across the globe
- scotch, cocktails, beer, wine and more
- delicious food and desserts
- fashion vendors and services
- live music and a fun social atmosphere

Experts Appearing:
- Mark Herro (aka Mantic59) - YouTube's most popular wet shave educator
- Lynn Abrams - founder of The Straight Razor Place forum and co-owner of Straight Razor Designs
- Neil Jagger - owner and founder of Edwin Jagger
- Geo (geofatboy) - Youtube shave educator and owner of Shave Nation
- more experts will be added as they are confirmed

As you may have noticed, the original thread for the Chicago Wet Shavers Get-Together and Expo on November 10, 2011 at the Palmer House hotel in downtown Chicago, which had messages that spanned many months, was somehow completely deleted, along with everyone's messages! :thumbdown

Thanks to SGB1963 for starting this new message thread. If the event is going to have any chance of success, we need to get the word out. So I'm bringing this back up to the top.

Let's take a roll call. Who is planning on attending, and who has already registered?

I've got it on my calendar, and I've already registered using the link provided by SGB1963.

The Chicago Wet Shavers Get-Together and Expo on Thursday evening, November 10, 2011 at the Palmer House Hotel in downtown Chicago

I phoned Merz Apothecary today in the Palmer House hotel just to be sure that the event was still a "go." They said YES! They also said that for those driving in, there's a Self-Park lot nearby at the corner of Monroe and Wabash.

Ummm, I’m impressed - am I the only one who noticed you are coming from FRANCE??!!!

I say, hand this guy a prize for distance traveled!

Thanks for your appreciation. As I am from Chicago originally, I have been watching this announcement with interest. I have had to return for a family matter, so I thought, "Why not attend the event as well?"

Latest Event Video:

This is going to be great time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom