What's new

Chicago Wet Shavers Get Together and Expo 11/10/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I finnaly had a chance to talk to wife about going to this. I just checked out the registration and not accepting Rsvps at this time. Day late and dollar short as usual. Enjoy to those who rsvp'd early.

I believe you may still attend the event from 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM, but will be excluded from the shave forum VIP hour from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
For those of you who are making an overnight of this, Chicago has many terrific restaurants, and you won't go wrong describing your tastes to the hotel concierge and taking his/her advice.

However, if you like Italian, may I suggest The Italian Village. It is within walking distance from the hotel (just a few blocks, 5-10 minute walk) the hotel will give you a map.

They are the finest Italian restaurant I've been to. They are actually three restaurants in one, three different decors and three completely separate kitchens. Most folks don't know that. You can order from any kitchen, though, so if you are in La Cantina and want to order something from The Village, you can do that.

Menus can be reviewed here

La Cantina (my favorite)
http://lacantina-chicago.com/dinner_menu.swf

The Village
http://italianvillage-chicago.com/menu/italviDinner.swf

And Vivere
http://vivere-chicago.com/dinner_menu.swf

You won't be disappointed. Main site here you can cruise around and see photos from all three restaurants.

http://www.italianvillage-chicago.com/index.php

I'm looking forward to this and thank Stuart (SGB1963) for coming up with such a great idea and making it happen!

Just bringing this reminder back to the top!

Only ONE more day until the Great Shave Event at the Palmer House Hotel in downtown Chicago on Thursday, November 10th!

Looking forward to it!! Registered and leaving 8am tomorrow morning! (It's only about 6 1/2 hours drive, but my dog likes to take a few pit-stops along the way! As do I, for that matter!)

Hey all,

My girlfriend will not be able to attend the event (I can't say I'm too upset... I don't think I'm going to be able to pay too much attention to her!), but I RSVP'd for two.

If anybody needs a "ticket," please PM me and you're welcome to it.

Hey all,

My girlfriend will not be able to attend the event (I can't say I'm too upset... I don't think I'm going to be able to pay too much attention to her!), but I RSVP'd for two.

If anybody needs a "ticket," please PM me and you're welcome to it.

PM sent on my brother's behalf.

I can spare a ticket to the VIP ... girlfriend said shed find something to do for an hour if someone else really wants to attend.

I had an issue come up, and wasn't able to attend tonight. I hope others that did will give a run down here....with pics! I'll try to make the next one.

Woooo HOOOOO!!! I just went to a party and a shaving get-together broke out!

Am back with a hoarse throat from visiting and a head full of ideas.

A blast, an ABSOLUTE BLAST!!!

A big thank you to Anthony and all the folks at Merz for an outstanding event in an unbelievable setting! Great to meet some of the other Merz vendors and Neil Jagger who flew in from England for the event. How fun to see Mantic59 and Geofatboy meet in person for the first time.

The whole evening was one for the memory book!

Last edited:
I had a very nice evening. Thank you Merz and all the great vendors, speakers, etc. I can't believe it but I may need a straight razor. The guy for feather got me interested, then Geofatboy, then Lynn from straightrazor who was great nailed it in. And to top it off the duo from Madison giving out straight shaves answered all the little question I had and encouraged it as well.

I was expecting to walk away with some soap and a buzz but now a new passion?

Last edited:
=Captain Pre-CapsizeWoooo HOOOOO!!! I just went to a party and a shaving get-together broke out!

Absolutely! A HUGE THANK YOU to Abdul, J. Q. and T. Q., the owners of Merz Apothecary in Chicago (www.smallflower.com) for sponsoring this incredible event yesterday evening at the phenomenal Palmer House Hotel in downtown Chicago! These fine gentlemen were a pleasure to meet, and their generosity in sponsoring and paying for the entire event (including food, wine, fine chocolates, live music, vendor presentations and demos from numerous shaving product vendors, and a bag filled with great samples and give-aways) without charging the 250+ attendees any admission fee whatsoever was a gesture of generosity beyond belief. Another advantage of making purchases at the show was the 11% discount that Merz offered on all product purchases!

Meeting and talking with both GeoFatBoy and Mantic59 in person was both enlightening and encouraging! GeoFatBoy even gave each of us one of his bandanas that's become his trademark in his YouTube videos!

I purchased a new Edwin Jagger razor that I'd been admiring for quite some time, and had the box with the razor in my hand as I walked around and talked with other attendees and vendors. I was bragging about the high quality of the chromed finish on the razor I had just bought to one interested gentleman in the crowd, only to find out later into the conversation that he was Neil Jagger, the founder and owner of Edwin Jagger who had flown to Chicago especially for the event! What an honor to meet him as well.

A second round of well-deserved thank you's go out to Abdul (who's owned Merz Apothecary since 1972) and his sons J. Q and T. Q. for making this such an enjoyable event for all of us!

+1, I couldn't have said it better, what a great time!

Absolutely! A HUGE THANK YOU to Abdul, J. Q. and T. Q., the owners of Merz Apothecary in Chicago (www.smallflower.com) for sponsoring this incredible event yesterday evening at the phenomenal Palmer House Hotel in downtown Chicago! These fine gentlemen were a pleasure to meet, and their generosity in sponsoring and paying for the entire event (including food, wine, fine chocolates, live music, vendor presentations and demos from numerous shaving product vendors, and a bag filled with great samples and give-aways) without charging the 250+ attendees any admission fee whatsoever was a gesture of generosity beyond belief. Another advantage of making purchases at the show was the 11% discount that Merz offered on all product purchases!

Meeting and talking with both GeoFatBoy and Mantic59 in person was both enlightening and encouraging! GeoFatBoy even gave each of us one of his bandanas that's become his trademark in his YouTube videos!

I purchased a new Edwin Jagger razor that I'd been admiring for quite some time, and had the box with the razor in my hand as I walked around and talked with other attendees and vendors. I was bragging about the high quality of the chromed finish on the razor I had just bought to one interested gentleman in the crowd, only to find out later into the conversation that he was Neil Jagger, the founder and owner of Edwin Jagger who had flown to Chicago especially for the event! What an honor to meet him as well.

A second round of well-deserved thank you's go out to Abdul (who's owned Merz Apothecary since 1972) and his sons J. Q and T. Q. for making this such an enjoyable event for all of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom