What's new

Liberty Brush -- Redux

Hey all...haven't been in the restore forum in a little bit. Some of you I'm sure will remember the Culmak 88 that was dubbed the "Liberty Brush" (pic 1). The TGN black badger looked great, but I did not care for the feel of it one bit and alas, it sat unused on the shelf. The only real use it ever got was sending it to PozzSka for him to try out....

I got tired of looking at that great handle so I decided to reknot...with a twist. I sanded the butterscotch off the top half (blasphemous, I know) to give it a twotone effect...I think it looks pretty good. I do want to try and polish the now bone colored section to give it some shine. Recommendations for polishing compound? Comments and criticism are welcome as always.

Knot is 24mm Silvertip from Larry over at WhippedDog. Great fan shape and just one hell of a face latherer.

Attachments

• $LibertyBrush.jpg
    $LibertyBrush.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 168
  • $SUC50563.jpg
    $SUC50563.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 166
I think the sanded effect made it pretty cool. I like the cracks too, looks interesting and not just an every day run of the mill brush :) .

Wow indeed. It looks like a totally different brush. How did you fix the vertical crack?

I didn't...in a clever bit of trickery, I photographed a different side.:001_tt2:

The brush held up surprisingly well to all of the drilling, sanding, etc. I never felt at any point the cracking would get worse or that the handle would break on me.

Thanks for the positive comments guys...performance has been great so far too!

I didn't...in a clever bit of trickery, I photographed a different side.:001_tt2:

The brush held up surprisingly well to all of the drilling, sanding, etc. I never felt at any point the cracking would get worse or that the handle would break on me.

Thanks for the positive comments guys...performance has been great so far too!

:w00t:

Great job!

Top Bottom