What's new

Dr. Wood's Peppermint Castile Liquid Soap

If you like the Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps, I believe you'll like this one as well. I've found it at a local place that sells organic healthcare products, not sure if any chain stores carry this one or not. For one, it's a little less expensive than Dr. Bronner's, $4.99 for 16oz. Also, I much prefer the scent of this one. I'm not sure if Dr. Wood's uses more peppermint oil or what, but the scent is more intense and better overall, IMO. And we all know the famous tingle from the Dr. Bronner's peppermint, but for me, it tingled only the first couple times I used it. This one tingles every time :w00t:

The only thing that I don't particularly care for is the latherability, but then again I've noticed this about the Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps too. They don't really seem to lather as well as the bar soaps. This doesn't reduce effifacy from what I can see, though. I'm not sure if this is a knock-off of Dr. Bronner's or what have you, but I definitely enjoy it mostly for the scent and more attractive price tag. I still prefer bar soap and Dr. Bronner's bar soaps at that, but this is one to pick up and try if you're a liquid soap fan.

-Allen

I think liquid soaps are very much like bar soaps, except that they contain water as well as potassium hydroxide, instead of or in addition to sodium hydroxide. I found that they lather OK when used with a pouf, but I can't speak for this particular one. Best - MM

The only thing I did't like about Dr Bronners liquid soaps is how thin they are. I ended up using quite a bit more than I needed b/c of this.

Has anyone tried adding a natuar thickener like xantham gum to thicken them up a bit. I used Dr Bronners as a face wash, but switched to Nancy Boy b/c it was the perfect thickness for a good face soap. But the NB face wash is basically unscented, and a little variety every once in a while would be nice.

Top Bottom