What's new

Muhle R41,The combined thread

What are you doing with the R41?

• I used it, I didnt like it, Im getting rid of it

• I used it, I liked it, Im keeping it

• I used it, it cut me and/or irritated me, but the jury is still out

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is the handle that is shipping today.
proxy.php

So what is your conclusion, A keeper?
I noticed that many members have a blade preference, does it matter to you which blades work best or is it the creams that makes or break the shave results?[/QUOTE]

Yes, certainly a keeper but I'm not dismissing that I might ultimately return to the Slant as my #1. I've only just begun to approach the comfort level on the R41 that I had on the Slant. If I go back to the Slant and my now lighter-than-ever touch doesn't work with the Slant, I'll probably quickly return to the R41. If my more advanced technique makes the Slant experience even better than it was, then the Slant could win out.

Had my first shave with my 37c tonight. Did my usual prep, Feather blade, watched some slant videos on proper technique, etc. It took four passes and some touch up where the Muhle usually only takes 2 or so. Lots of irritation (no doubt my fault due to improper angle,etc) and a few weepers. I'm going to leave my R41 on the shelf and shave for a week or so straight with the Slant and then decide which one stays and which one gets BST'ed. The only razor that tops the smoothness of the 37c is the R41.

Had my third shave with my R41 tonight. This time I used a Perma-Sharp and for the first time, no cuts, nicks, or weepers. Very smooth and close although I don't think it was as close as with the Astra. It was a 1+-pass shave for a BBS on cheeks and a DFS on my neck. This time I payed particular attention to the angle, making it as acute as possible. Stay tuned for more adventures!

After my second shave with the Slant, I feel that it is much more aggressive than the R41. Maybe it's bad technique on my part, but I'm getting far more weepers and nicks with the Slant than I did with the R41. Same blade, same technique as usual, but rougher shaves with the Slant. I do love it as well though.

This is the handle that is shipping today.
proxy.php
Wow, post pics upon arrival.

It's new, search for Muhle R41 to learn more about it on this forum, and yes, it's too aggressive for a beginner.

yes, the good outweighs the bad.......... she is cruel, but fair..........
great newz...:wink2:

So what is your conclusion, A keeper?
I noticed that many members have a blade preference, does it matter to you which blades work best or is it the creams that makes or break the shave results?

Yes, certainly a keeper but I'm not dismissing that I might ultimately return to the Slant as my #1. I've only just begun to approach the comfort level on the R41 that I had on the Slant. If I go back to the Slant and my now lighter-than-ever touch doesn't work with the Slant, I'll probably quickly return to the R41. If my more advanced technique makes the Slant experience even better than it was, then the Slant could win out.
So you would keep both as your main arsenal then.

Had my first shave with my 37c tonight. Did my usual prep, Feather blade, watched some slant videos on proper technique, etc. It took four passes and some touch up where the Muhle usually only takes 2 or so. Lots of irritation (no doubt my fault due to improper angle,etc) and a few weepers. I'm going to leave my R41 on the shelf and shave for a week or so straight with the Slant and then decide which one stays and which one gets BST'ed. The only razor that tops the smoothness of the 37c is the R41.
So it's a probable keeper then?

I have one on order; should be here any day now.
keep us posted......:001_smile
Thanks a lot guys. Just ordered one today. How will I sneak this into the house.
Through the backdoor, just tip toe it to the shave den:001_tongu

Tie it to the collar of a little puppy, and sit it on your doorstep, then tell your lady to answer the door.
:001_smile:001_tongu:wink2:

Had my third shave with my R41 tonight. This time I used a Perma-Sharp and for the first time, no cuts, nicks, or weepers. Very smooth and close although I don't think it was as close as with the Astra. It was a 1+-pass shave for a BBS on cheeks and a DFS on my neck. This time I payed particular attention to the angle, making it as acute as possible. Stay tuned for more adventures!
Same bat time, same bat channel.......:w00t:

That won't work. We have a standard poodle that I bought for her two years ago when I bought my two Mergresses! :scared:
:001_smile:001_smile

LOL, yep I guess that ploi can only work once or twice then it's on to plan B.
:001_tongu

:001_smile

Top Bottom