What's new

Newbie New Zealand Shaver!

Hey all, I am pretty keen to get into wet shaving but am currently looking for someone in New Zealand that would consider passing on some knowledge, tips and encouragement. I stumbled albeit accidentally onto this website a couple of weeks ago.

I never even knew wet shaving existed! But since that moment I have been hooked! I have been on the threads constantly looking to absorb all the information possible. I talked to my dad about it and he was like "Meh, there was a reason Gillette etc moved on, you should too." Subsequently I told him off. I think this is the manliest thing out and am really keen to get into it! But I have no idea where to start.

I went too my local barber and he told me he hadn't wet shaved in decades and he wouldn't even consider teaching me even if i had my own gear. So its all been a little dis-heartening.

So if there is any one from New Zealand reading this I'm from Auckland, help me!! Haha Also any general tips in regards to shaving would be greatly appreciated. If any one could give me a list of what I need from pre through to post shave that would be great :)

Cheers all!

Gday Talman, Welcome to B&B mate!
He might not be from NZ but this guy can help get you started. There are stores in Aus you can order from, and I'm sure there will be a few online stores in NZ too.

Mensbiz is popular with us Aussies (they deliver to NZ).
Googleing "wetshaving NZ" turned up several sites, including Goodfella & Mancave Grooming. A quick peek reveals Mancave stock Muhle, Proraso, Tabac & Merkur. Not bad!

You can always post your questions here in B&B mate!

Welcome to B&B from one Kiwi to another! There are plenty of helpful, wise guys (and gals) on this forum that are more than happy to answer questions. There is also a lot of good stuff in the Wikis that Luc has spent ages making really good - I'd read through those before you ask heaps of questions because there is a stack of information in them.

Oh, and by the way, Auckland must be buzzing after thrashing the Wallabies last night! Go ABs for Sunday night!

Cheers

Welcome to B&B from one Kiwi to another! There are plenty of helpful, wise guys (and gals) on this forum that are more than happy to answer questions. There is also a lot of good stuff in the Wikis that Luc has spent ages making really good - I'd read through those before you ask heaps of questions because there is a stack of information in them.

Oh, and by the way, Auckland must be buzzing after thrashing the Wallabies last night! Go ABs for Sunday night!

Cheers

At least we got you one back in the league ;) You Kiwi's owned us in the Rugby! Would be great to see you take it out.

Cheers

Yeah we kicked them ozzy bums! What a game :) Auckland was pretty pumping, thats for sure!

Yeah I have received a few tips thus far so its going well, assuming you buy your gear online what websites have you found that cater well for New Zealand?

Welcome! I have gotten a tremendous return in enjoyment on a relatively small investment in time and shaving gear. This site made it possible. Best advice I got: short strokes and watch your angle.

Top Bottom