What's new

Barbasol has a Gillette Superspeed on their webpage!

Hey guys,

I happened upon Barbasol's webpage today and noticed they have what looks like a flairtip Gillette Superspeed on the home page. The "latest commercial" shows a fellow using a DE safety razor!!!

Anyway, I thought it was cool, but a little scary. It could be a sinister plot to get guys like us to use canned shaving cream :ohmy:.

Happy Shaving,

Patrick

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Hey guys,

I happened upon Barbasol's webpage today and noticed they have what looks like a flairtip Gillette Superspeed on the home page. The "latest commercial" shows a fellow using a DE safety razor!!!

Anyway, I thought it was cool, but a little scary. It could be a sinister plot to get guys like us to use canned shaving cream :ohmy:.

Happy Shaving,

Patrick

Yes it is. Good catch. The razor in the commercial looks like a Merkur or possibly an EJ/Muhle

Men have shaved with Barbasol cream in a can, or some other brand and DE/SE razor for years. Just because they use a DE doesn't mean they use a brush and soap or non-aerosol cream.

It's not bad for canned stuff. I use it 2 - 3 times a month. I spray it in my bowl though and paint it on with an old VH boar that's only fit for that sort of thing.

The splash is nice. Lots of menthol in the pacific rush splash. You can pick it up at Dollar General if you have one of those where you live.

I have a Dollar Tree that I get my Rise Shaving Cream at...I saw some Barbasol cans in there last time, I'll have to look for the aftershave next time im there...I also found if funny that the Dollar Tree Barbasol is $1 plus tax, and I can get the same can at Walmart for $.98 plus tax...

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have a Dollar Tree that I get my Rise Shaving Cream at...I saw some Barbasol cans in there last time, I'll have to look for the aftershave next time im there...I also found if funny that the Dollar Tree Barbasol is $1 plus tax, and I can get the same can at Walmart for $.98 plus tax...

Probably because Dollar Tree isn't trying to singlehandedly prop up the Chinese economy.

See, it's a joke because there are a lot of cheap products from China in Walmart. (yes, I know that's true almost everywhere now, but if I said every store, it wouldn't be a joke)
Dollar Tree type stores have to charge a higher price because they don't have the bulk buying benefit that a huge chain like Walmart does.

Probably because Dollar Tree isn't trying to singlehandedly prop up the Chinese economy.

See, it's a joke because there are a lot of cheap products from China in Walmart. (yes, I know that's true almost everywhere now, but if I said every store, it wouldn't be a joke)
Dollar Tree type stores have to charge a higher price because they don't have the bulk buying benefit that a huge chain like Walmart does.

I just thought they were trying to be true to their name. Sort of a "truth in advertising" thing.

It sure does look like a non-Red Tip Red Tip!

The revolution has begun!

Perhaps not quite. The reason the DE is on their site, and in their commercials, is that they sell shaving cream, and not razors. They don't want to promote a Gillette or Schick product (both of whom are competitors), so the easiest way to avoid this is to have the actor shave with a razor that isn't branded, and won't be identifiably by most viewers.

I wonder how the aftershave splash and balm are?

I have the Brisk and the Pacific Rush, the Brisk is basically Skin Bracer and the Pacific Rush is a must have for anyone one who loves menthol. I recommend picking some up, its only $1.75 a bottle.

...and the name of the chain is Dollar Tree, not $.98 Tree.

Top Bottom