What's new

Gem Micromatic Vs. Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf?

I love Gem SE razors and their performance! I have 3 of them--a 1912, a Micromatic, and a G-Bar.

I'm thinking about getting a "Micromatic Clog Pruf."

It that model desirable and the feature worthwhile? How does the performance compare to the regular Micromatic? Is it just a gimmick to sell razors?

To date, I've had no problem with my three SE razors clogging.

I appreciate your guidance.

I'm with you Steve - I've never had a problem with my SEs clogging.

I've not used my clog-pruf much, as I much prefer my stock standard MMOC.

I'd rate it as something of a gimmick, how hard is it to shake your razor in a sink of water every few strokes?

I love Gem SE razors and their performance! I have 3 of them--a 1912, a Micromatic, and a G-Bar.

I'm thinking about getting a "Micromatic Clog Pruf."

It that model desirable and the feature worthwhile? How does the performance compare to the regular Micromatic? Is it just a gimmick to sell razors?

To date, I've had no problem with my three SE razors clogging.

I appreciate your guidance.

The CP is milder, but effective.

I also enjoy my SE razors. I like my MMOC, but my Clog-Pruf is the favorite of the MM family. I find the Clog-Pruf to be a bit gentler than the MMOC, and a tad smoother. I have never had any clogging issues with the MM razors.

I also enjoy my SE razors. I like my MMOC, but my Clog-Pruf is the favorite of the MM family. I find the Clog-Pruf to be a bit gentler than the MMOC, and a tad smoother. I have never had any clogging issues with the MM razors.

My opinion as well. The Clog pruf is in a very small number of razors I would be happy using every single day.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a related question: Other than design, is there a difference between the shaves provided by the Clog-Pruf, Bullet Tip, Flying Wedge, and non-open comb MM? Thanks.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a related question: Other than design, is there a difference between the shaves provided by the Clog-Pruf, Bullet Tip, Flying Wedge, and non-open comb MM? Thanks.

Just for clarity there is no Gem razor known as the "Flying Wedge". The real name given by ASR to the "Bullet Tip" is the Flying Wing, someone thought up the nickname of "Bullet Tip" and it stuck.When you say non-open comb MM I'm assuming you're talking about the Flying Wing.

And yes, most guys will say there is a difference in how they shave, it all comes down to personal preference and the only way to really know is to try the different models with different blades until you find what works best for you.

Just for clarity there is no Gem razor known as the "Flying Wedge". The real name given by ASR to the "Bullet Tip" is the Flying Wing, someone thought up the nickname of "Bullet Tip" and it stuck.When you say non-open comb MM I'm assuming you're talking about the Flying Wing.

And yes, most guys will say there is a difference in how they shave, it all comes down to personal preference and the only way to really know is to try the different models with different blades until you find what works best for you.
Nice resaerch, I was going for it but you beat me to it...its all good.

Maybe its me, but my Clog Pruf is very aggressive - more so than my Micromatic OC. In fact, I put mine in the league of the R. 41 - but not as smooth for me.

Top Bottom