What's new

First shave with a Silvertip... WOW!!

I'd picked up this Parker Silvertip to give to my brother for Christmas. Long story short, yesterday he informs me that he had a badger brush already coming in the mail, so I decided to keep the Parker for myself and just buy him something else. (A little misunderstanding on my part as to what type of badger hair he had just ordered.) Last night I give it a try.

Wow!!! First off, it retained water very well. I did not notice NEAR as much run off after soaking as I do with my other VDH boar. It lathered VERRY WELL also. Even though I was using an MWF puck (and didn't expect lathering to be an issue anyways), I was able to produde a lather almost instantly.

When I actually USED the brush, my first thought was of the brush feeling like warm cotton. Then I thought that it felt like I was lathering with all soap and no brush. (As in "If I could lather up by using only lather itself to apply with, then THIS is what it would feel like.)

Simply put, it was softer than I could have imagined. It performed great. (Did I mention that the lather EXPLODED onto the brush?)

So that's the story on how *I* was converted. Oh, I've since learned that lil' bro has a pure badger coming in the mail, so now I *CAN* buy him one of these Silvertip Parkers.

Last edited:
Yup, nothing quite like a nice silvertip with warm lather; like rubbing a warm, gooey, marshmallow all over your face. Enjoy :)

LOL. Retained more water than your VDH boar eh? Sorry to laugh, but that was basically my response to my upgrade. I went from a VDH to a BobFarvour silver tip...TGN's 24mm, short loft, extra hair to be exact and it was crazy. You will find it holds a lot more lather as well and makes an excellent face lathering tool. Enjoy the new brush!

I just ordered a custom Shavemac Silvertip - Can't wait - must be patient, must be patient, must be patient...

Top Bottom