What's new

Featured Aftershave - Aqua Velva Musk

I too like the AV Musk. I have a friend that brought Old Spice Musk back from India, and I do like the Old Spice scent better. However, still like to use the AV Musk.

Jeff

I like the scent. I almost sold my two glass bottles, then took a whiff and realized it's just classic masculinity in a bottle. Not something I'll reach for everyday, but when it's what I want, nothing else will do. I don't use this one so much for its skincare ingredients, though it has some. Great with Mennen Skin Bracer Musk deodorant, BTW. Clean and slightly barbershopped all day long.

Mennen Musk deodorant and AV Musk. That's the combo I use and still have the glass bottle. They go together well.
Anyone know if there is a difference between the glass bottle and the now available plastic one?

1/2 of the famed fire and ice combo(AV Musk followed by AV Blue.)

Absolutely love it; a constant in my rotation.

marty

Well, y'all inspired me. I detoured to the local Walmart this a.m. and picked up a bottle of the Musk. Huffing it straight out of the bottle was a bit underwhelming. Really hardly anything above the smell of the alcohol. But when I splashed some on in the car... Wow! What a difference! I could definitely see this one becoming a favorite.

BTW, Walmart also carried the AV Ice Blue Classic. Anyone think it's worth the $4.50 for a 7 oz. bottle?

I have been a user of this for a long time and it still is in the rotation. I like to add a decent sized menthol crystal to the bottle so it is suitable for the warmer months as well and it doesn't effect the scent at all.

I stopped by the local CVS this afternoon on the way home from getting a haircut and picked up a small bottle of AV Musk.
I had used this in my younger years, relatively speaking (20+ years ago minimum) but honestly couldn't remember much about it.
Showered when I got home, like normal after a haircut, and as I had shaved before heading out I splashed a little on my face.
The wife did NOT care for it. At all.
Oh well. At less than $5, I'm not out much.

Anyone interested in a free 3.5 ounce bottle with one small usage missing?

...Anyone interested in a free 3.5 ounce bottle with one small usage missing?

I think you should give it another wearing in a week or two, she just might change her mind if she's unaware of it being the AVM, it's worth a shot.
My first choice is the Skin Bracer Cool Spice which is harder to find, when I do I like stocking up.

I've been using this a lot lately after acquiring 2 bottles as part of a large aftershave lot on b/s/t. I find the scent very pleasant, sort of masculine with an underlying sweetness and not overpowering whatsoever. I don't smell much musk, if any. Definitely seems like a fragrance that is better for cooler weather.

For the cost of admission, it's certainly worth a shot.

I have more then a few bottles of it around, the smell works for me and it doesn't linger more then a hour on my face. Smells a little like a super sweet brandy to my nose.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just picked up a bottle of Aqua Velva Musk from Wal-Mart. I'll be using it after I shave tonight. I've been looking for a nice fall and winter aftershave. For $3.17 there wasn't a reason to not pick it up! :001_smile

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just picked up a bottle of Aqua Velva Musk from Wal-Mart. I'll be using it after I shave tonight. I've been looking for a nice fall and winter aftershave. For $3.17 there wasn't a reason to not pick it up! :001_smile
Let me know how it smells.

I wasn't able to shave tonight like I had hoped, but I put some on anyway to see what I thought of it. I'm sold! It's a nice, smooth scent that doesn't try to overpower you and seems to get better on dry down as it works with your natural body chemistry. It's not floral and unattractive like I found Jovan Musk to be. It's just smooth and deep, with a dark hint here and there that I find smells almost mysterious. That's the only way I can think to describe how it smells on me. I'll be keeping a bottle of this around and using it in my regular rotation, especially as it starts getting cooler out there.

If you don't have a bottle or you're curious to try it, for a little over $3.00 you'll be more than happy with your purchase if it wears as well on you as it does on me. When I shave in the morning, this will be used again! Happy shaves, everyone!

It is a Classic AS that is always in my Den. It will come out for the Fall in a few more weeks down here in TEXAS.

I stopped into Bed, Bath and Beyond today to pick up some Clubman hair gel for my boys and found Aqua Velva Musk on sale there for $1.99. A DOLLAR AND NINETY NINE CENTS!!! Did I need a bottle? No. Did I pick one up anyway? You bet yer boots, buddy! :)

saw a bottle while on vacation in august. picked it up and brought it home.
now waiting for the fall weather to roll in.

Top Bottom