What's new

Is Irish Spring anti-bacterial?

I've used both the original and moisture blast versions, does anyone know if these are antibacterial?

I don't see any triclosan, so I think I'm okay. I have also heard some not so good things about anti-bacterial soap so that's why I wanted to check and make sure with Irish spring.

Actually, antibacterial ingredients are unnecessary and potentially harmful in that they kill ALL the bacteria, both "good" and "bad" and throw your natural defenses against the "bad" bacteria off. And, once diluted by being washed down the drain, are contributing to the growth of resistant "superbacteria" - or so I was told by a nurse. Washing with regular soap is still the best defense against germs that cause disease and odor. My .02 worth.

Amen- Regular Soap works just as well at killing bacteria as anti bacterial.

I got the irish springs from costco, and stopped using it. If anything it irritated my body acne, and didn't help it.

I started to use mysore sandalwood soap and a neem oil soap and they're helping my acne a lot, and aren't too skin drying.

Amen- Regular Soap works just as well at killing bacteria as anti bacterial.

+2. Or so many years of microbiology schooling have told me. Much of this antibacterial stuff people at jumping on is overkill and not as effective as you're led to believe.

Top Bottom