What's new

EJ sea buckthorn

i revisited this cream today. Altough trickier to lather, i had a superb shave with it. I really enjoy this cream but will probably try the aloe version next time

I used the EJ aloe cream and balm this morning. Great stuff. The balm is especially great for winter. I had just pulled up Amazon to look atthe sea buckthorn stuff when I saw this thread.

It's probably my favorite cream--and combined with the balm makes for the best overall shaving experience I've had so far. My goal now is to get my puck of EJ sea buckthorn soap to generate the same kind of lather I get from the cream. I think I got close to that goal this morning.

the balm was my #1 but was recently beat out by hand made naturals AS balm and GS refinery . mind you i tried the aloe version

Hit the soap with a stiffer brush, like a dense 2-band a load for at least 2 minutes. I get very creamy thick lather out of this soap that way. Some members have also had success rubbing a lot of soap on their face using the puck like a shave stick. It's a good soap, it's just that the waxy texture makes it difficult for some brushes to pick up enough soap to generate a decent lather with it.

It's probably my favorite cream--and combined with the balm makes for the best overall shaving experience I've had so far. My goal now is to get my puck of EJ sea buckthorn soap to generate the same kind of lather I get from the cream. I think I got close to that goal this morning.

Hit the soap with a stiffer brush, like a dense 2-band a load for at least 2 minutes. I get very creamy thick lather out of this soap that way. Some members have also had success rubbing a lot of soap on their face using the puck like a shave stick. It's a good soap, it's just that the waxy texture makes it difficult for some brushes to pick up enough soap to generate a decent lather with it.

Thanks for the tip, cvac. I'll give it a try tomorrow morning. I've been loading the brush for about a minute, and then returning the brush to the puck a few times during the shave. I'll load it for a longer time tomorrow. If that doesn't work I'll try the face-rub strategy.

The scent of this stuff is just plain awesome. It smells like....well...I don't know...I wanted to say candy and manliness....but I don't think that's quite right either.

Top Bottom