What's new

Theraganics - Tulsa, Oklahoma - Handmade Soaps - A Review

I recently met two young ladies at a local fair. Their product was a unique line of soaps and creams. I've seen this before, smells girly and cute and I walk on.
But...
What caught my eye was a mass market brush in the far back of their booth. That deviated my path to go ask them if they just happened to carry a shaving soap. Not only did they carry one but they carried two! Their products are all organic and handmade in the back of their shop.

I purchased both the shaving puck and the shaving ball (yes...[/U]ball[/U]). The shaving ball you see in my pics I've uploaded. As I type I am getting errors on the puck (with the exception of one picture) so I will work on that after this review. The shaving ball is enormous! It holds a light scent of coriander, rosemary and juniper berry that isn't overbearing and quite refreshing (I was told future scents are on the horizon). What is interesting about the shaving ball is that it is soft (see pics) so you can mold it into your mug, bowl, etc for a firm grip and it will harden like a traditional puck. As you can tell from my pictures, you get a LOT of shaving soap in the shaving ball. Take a look at how well that stuff lathered! I found after using Col. Conk, TOBS, CO Bigelow, Mama Bears America and VDH soaps and creams, this shaving ball these sisters make was the best face lather soap I've ever tried. Please note that I used a 3 year old Burma Shave brush for this review and after a counted 30 second lather what you see in the pictures is what I got using a Burma Shave brush. I can only imagine how it will be with my blonde badger. These ladies are young, start up entrepreneurs who take ideas they like to see and apply it in their products. I cannot urge enough for anyone in the US to call these ladies up and order a shaving ball.

Are you ready for the OMG moment - - they are selling these balls for $10. Compare that to the Col Conk puck that I have for size, it's a softball size of malleable soap. Folks, it doesn't get much better than that. Support a mom and pop (or sisters in this case), help these girls realize how large of an audience we are to want/need their amazing product that they made just as a "what the hell" trial and order one of these shaving balls today.

Next up is their puck soap. Again until I can get the pictures uploaded due to their error please enjoy the review. This puck is about as unique as you can get. Why? Because it is made with beer. Yes - BEER! One of the ladies was thinking about the properties in beer that give it the carbonation and foam head. After a while of pondering that she concocted a batch of this soap that is a huge seller in the local area. The pucks they make are twice the size of a Col. Conk or VDH. The scent of beer is soft and mellow giving it a neutrality element compared to other soaps. So this isn't unscented and it doesn't have the large scent of beer but it holds the properties of a home brew. I used my VDH boar brush on this one and counted. 30 seconds and I received a lather that was very generous. Upon application I again found this to be a stunning face lathering soap. The feeling of both of the soaps incorporating into my face was smooth and comforting. The shave on both soaps (I used my flairtip SS and a Treet blade) was like fresh glazed ice. After rinsing my face I found the soaps had been a kind moisturizer and softened my skin the same way I would get if I used a aftershave balm.

Ready for the OMG moment on the puck that's twice the size of a Col Conk - - $7 and sure to last months if used a few times a week.

www.theraganics.com

Best bet is email or call them until they get their website fully finished. These great ladies (who are sisters) will ship anywhere in the US and have a unbelievable lineup of many other amazing and unique products.

Phone 918-407-5338 or email [email protected]

Oh and if you don't mind, tell them Dayton sent you. Who knows, I might get some samplers that I will gladly PIF.

$IMG_1669.jpg$IMG_1671.jpg$IMG_1673.jpg$IMG_1670.jpg$IMG_1672.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the last three pictures. You can see my flairtip SS next to the mass of soap you get from molding the Shaving Ball and the impressive shaving puck.

$IMG_1676.jpg$IMG_1668.jpg$IMG_1667.jpg

I just learned some more information on the shaving ball. "The white one (shaving ball) is a blend of coriander, juniper berry, and rosemary." The shaving ball is also available in a hard puck form just like the beer brew puck.

They are considering a frankincense/black pepper blend as well as a possible blend that will be good for the face and smell great. Also sourcing authentic sandalwood oil - blended with some spicier essential oils like bay, pepper, or patchouli could really provide a nice scent as well and also some slight antiseptic benefits.

Last edited:
Thanks man! I am definitely enjoying these soaps. Enjoying them so much that I've packed up my two TOBS creams I bought last week and gifting them to my dad with the Rooney we got him for Christmas.

They do Jim. I don't have it on me but the sisters said that if anyone had any questions to just email them and they would be very quick to answer anything. I'll try to get it from them in the meantime.

Shaved again with the shaving ball tonight with my M&F brush and it was very thick and impressive. I stopped working the lather at 20 seconds with the M&F and had enough for 4 passes.

Here is the ingredient list from the creator for the shaving ball -

Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Bentonite Clay, Kaolin Clay, Castor
Oil, Essential Oils of Juniper, Coriander, and Rosemary, Shea Butter

I stopped by Theraganics this afternoon and spoke for a while with Stephanie, one of the owners. I told her I had heard she made shaving soap, and the first thing she asked was "Are you on Badger & Blade?"

We discussed ingredients and scents. She seemed surprised, but interested when I told her that some of the traditional floral scents like rose and lavender appeal to many men. She would like to expand her selections of shaving soaps, and expressed interest in carrying shaving mugs and brushes.

I got a nice-sized sample of the Juniper-Rosemary-Coriander shave soap, and look forward to giving it a try.

The beer soap really didn't smell beery to me, more like grass and dried flowers. A pleasant scent.

For those who are in or around Tulsa, her shop is located in the Farm shopping center at 51st & Sheridan.

I agree it doesn't really smell like beer. I'm a home brewer and agree, the wort doesn't smell anything like beer. Nothing about making beer smells like beer until you bust open that bottle.

Top Bottom