What's new

Alvera Deodorant - Best natural deodorant yet, have tried plenty.

Just sharing my 2 cents on a natural deodorant.

The brand is alvera, have yet to see locally, here is a link;

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...tMnvAQ&usg=AFQjCNHy7RIwSgY8GYir9eGEnRSPVoVtjg

to each his own, but im a welder, and get very hot, this is the only stuff that has worked. It still allows perspiration but no odor, but if you want a natural deodorant, you dont really want an anti perspirant (keep your pores from clogging)

Toms breaks me out, does not work
Tried about 5 other brands from vitamin shoppe, no good!

anyways, thought id share, enjoy

TEA (Triethanolamine) and Fragrance are not natural.

Triethanolamine is produced from the reaction of ethylene oxide with aqueous ammonia.

I am not sure how you guys can do without anti-perspirant. I hate pit sweat!

However, the BIGGEST thing you can do to improve underarm odor is to shave your armpits. Hair collects moisture which then grows bacteria on your armpit hair, hence the stench. Yes my pits can still smell if I go a day without deodorant, but I can actually go a 6-8 hours after a shower and not smell at all.

If I wanted, I could JUST use my Certain Dri prescription strength anti-perspirant and nothing else, but I like my pits to have a nice scent all day, too.

I am trying to rid most of the chemicals off my body, however anti-perspirant keeps me feeling good, so I will keep that.

Ill take the hit on TEA, I read about it before, not nearly as bas as the other "natural" ones and conventional deodorants are much worse ?

If someone knows of a more natural effective one, chime in! :)

...If someone knows of a more natural effective one, chime in! :)

Try googling "Lavilin". Very mild, and mostly natural ingredients. The best thing is that you only have to apply it once a week (or more). It kills the bacteria that causes odor and so, while you will still sweat, you are completely odorless until the bacteria regenerate. For me, that takes 9 days.

It isn't cheap, but it's worth it IMHO. ...And, no, I'm not affiliated, etc...

Try googling "Lavilin". Very mild, and mostly natural ingredients. The best thing is that you only have to apply it once a week (or more). It kills the bacteria that causes odor and so, while you will still sweat, you are completely odorless until the bacteria regenerate. For me, that takes 9 days.

It isn't cheap, but it's worth it IMHO. ...And, no, I'm not affiliated, etc...

John,

Thanks for the tip. You don't have to worry about the cream washing off in the shower?

They now sell it in a roll-on. Have you used that?

John,

Thanks for the tip. You don't have to worry about the cream washing off in the shower?

They now sell it in a roll-on. Have you used that?

Usually I apply Lavilin at night, after a shower, and just let it sit until my next shower. The directions suggest doing it that way, but I've just applied it after a morning shower and it didn't make any difference for me in the longevity of no-stink. The key is that, once the bacteria are killed off, you are odor-free until you get re-colonized by new bacteria. Therefore, the cream need not be in place to protect you from odor. Pretty neat!

I haven't seen nor used their roll-on, so no opinion there. My GUESS, though, is that if it's made from the same stuff it would work as well as the cream.

<EDIT: I just Googled the roll on (they also have a deodorant stick), and it advertises that it will keep you odor-free for "up to 72 hours", so my new assumption is that it's not as effective as the cream is, but it's still worlds better as far as odor control than anything else out there.>

Last edited:
Usually I apply Lavilin at night, after a shower, and just let it sit until my next shower. The directions suggest doing it that way, but I've just applied it after a morning shower and it didn't make any difference for me in the longevity of no-stink. The key is that, once the bacteria are killed off, you are odor-free until you get re-colonized by new bacteria. Therefore, the cream need not be in place to protect you from odor. Pretty neat!

I haven't seen nor used their roll-on, so no opinion there. My GUESS, though, is that if it's made from the same stuff it would work as well as the cream.

<EDIT: I just Googled the roll on (they also have a deodorant stick), and it advertises that it will keep you odor-free for "up to 72 hours", so my new assumption is that it's not as effective as the cream is, but it's still worlds better as far as odor control than anything else out there.>

I'm really interested in this so last night I tried to find user reviews and found 60+ on Amazon. Seems this stuff has been around for 20+ years and has quite a following. But recently, the manufacturer "changed something" in the product and the die-hards swear they changed the formula and now it's not as effective as it once was.

Thought you might find that interesting. I think I'm going to give it a try. Thanks again!

I'm really interested in this so last night I tried to find user reviews and found 60+ on Amazon. Seems this stuff has been around for 20+ years and has quite a following. But recently, the manufacturer "changed something" in the product and the die-hards swear they changed the formula and now it's not as effective as it once was.

Thought you might find that interesting. I think I'm going to give it a try. Thanks again!

I've been using Lavilin since the mid 1980's, and I can assure you that, at least on me, the formula may have changed but the efficacy has not. I read those Amazon reviews a few years ago and was concerned at first, but when I got my shipment it worked just as well as it ever did (although it was a softer consistency than the original formula). Still the best deodorant out there if you ask me.

Top Bottom