What's new

need advice on purchase

Ok guys.

I have the following:

Fat Boy
Schick Krona
Stahly
Red Tip

I keep the Fat Boy on 3 for the most part and have Feathers or Sharks loaded in the Krona and Stahly. I haven't tried the Red Tip yet but according to the wiki, the blade gap is the same as the Fat Boy on 3 (would you agree?)

I'm hitting up some flea markets this weekend and I don't want to buy razors just to buy them. The last time I did that (66 Aristocrat) I got it home and realized I didn't want it so traded it off.

I'm interested in a non-TTO, maybe open comb...just to have something different than what I have already. Can you recommend something I should look for? How do the older Gillettes from the 20s and 30s compare to what I'm currently using. I can read the wiki for blade gap/aggressiveness comparisons, but I want more info from users who have used both.

Thanks for any advice or tips.

View attachment 194606Try some New Deluxe razors.. They are not aggressive nor mild. Or ABC sets are good shavers at the medium less aggressive side. Try The Tech razors, very mild yet great cutters.

Attachments

• $1938-1966 Tech Evolution klein.jpg
    $1938-1966 Tech Evolution klein.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 36
  • $5617744263_4a96e82375_z.jpg
    $5617744263_4a96e82375_z.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I would recommend a bar-handled NEW. Three piece razor, with a pretty sturdy handle. A lot of the older OC razors had problems with the handle splitting but I haven't seen a bar handle split - yet.

Top Bottom