What's new

whats your equivalent to the power tie?

do you have a frag that you wear at work that is your power tie equivalent of "do not f*** with me today i am in charge" fragrance? like "i dont give a f*** what u think" scent when youre in that kind of mood?

i dont know if i have one. even tho tobacco vanille isn't a rough fragrance given the vanilla, the strong scent it has is why sometimes i like to wear it when im in one of those moods. its like i know its not a work scent and it's strong sillage but again 'i dont give a damn' type of days it hits the spot!

i can see where aventus would work for this but i dont like the smell of aventus even tho i own it.

For me a power tie scent is Profumum Fumidus, which opens with a good measure of scotch whisky but stretches out into a classy but fortified vetiver. If I want a DFWM scent, I wear SMN's Nostalgia, which smells like black leather, gasoline and motor oil.

Maybe K10 or Pen's Douro fits. When I am being aloof and perhaps distainful or arrogant, Pen's BB. Or maybe Lorenzo Villirosi Vet Sigilli Anthuna or however that is spelled!

+1 Vint.Tab. Also like the Montale Oud Cuir d'Arabie suggestion, although its so dang lovely its hard to stay in that agressive mood!

Aramis Havana too.

Vintage Tabarome or maybe a good shot of old form Givenchy Gentlemen - let them get a blast of raw civet! Bois du Portugal or Blenheim Bouquet for a more civilized muscle flexing.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Maybe K10 or Pen's Douro fits. When I am being aloof and perhaps distainful or arrogant, Pen's BB. Or maybe Lorenzo Villirosi Vet Sigilli Anthuna or however that is spelled!

I like the way you think. I'll have to get some Douro. :wink2:

Floris Elite. Beautiful, but not a fragrance that invites others to hang out and watch the game.

I've been using a sample vial of this, and agree.

Top Bottom