What's new

What's the Mildest Scented Aftershave Splash?

I'm a huge fan of Alcohol based AS Splashes, but not often of their scents. I'm looking for a splash to throw on that will do a good job, but not overpower my cologne, of if I put a balm over it, the balm would shine through stronger than the splash.

Thanks all!

Tim,
I find that many of the splashes the scent just does not stick around very long. Speick, Musgo, 4711, and Provence Sante are a few. DR Harris Pink is a great choice and has very light initial fragrance.
Don't get the Sandalwood though thats an all day event. The DR Harris Arlington is light but does stay with me awhile.

The ones listed above have very little or no menthol if thats a concern.

Have you considered making your own? You can get a real subtle AS splash that suits your requirements. Perhaps you could try making a Bay Rum initially (I posted this recently) if you're into B/Rums.

Pink is outstanding, but has little to no alchy.

Might want to try Proraso. It's scent fades within a few seconds, and smells medicinal.

Pink is outstanding, but has little to no alchy.

Might want to try Proraso. It's scent fades within a few seconds, and smells medicinal.

+1 on Proraso splash.....my fave for work. Only downside is it's tough to find. Classic Shaving's about the only place that has it hardly.

cmL0924302.jpg

Already great answers. I’ll second all the above.

Lucky Tiger is best — smells great but gone immediately and good for skin (but no alcohol if that’s a must).

Proraso green - has alcohol, smells pretty nice to me and also dissipates quickly (not as fast as lucky Tiger though).

Thayers WH has a variety of quick lasting scents - with & without alcohol.

Many soapmakers who sell splashes will offer one without any scent added. There are many options to make homemade splashes based on however much witch hazel, alcohol, and other ingredients you might like.

And of course there are the scents that are gone very quickly. Alcohol-free splashes will lose their scent quickly. And citrus scents will be gone quickly. So a witch hazel based citrus splash like Lucky Tiger or something similar would work for you.

Thayers' website offers this recipe: https://www.thayers.com/natural-complex-soothing-aftershave/?v=893f26889d1e

You’ll need:
  • Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel Astringent
  • 4 oz. Spray Bottle
  • Aloe Vera Gel
  • Lavender Essential Oil
  • Rosehip Essential Oil
  • Vitamin E Essential Oil
Directions:
  1. Pour 4 tbsp. of Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel Astringent
  2. Add 4 tbsp. of Aloe Vera Gel and stir
  3. Add 4-6 drops of Rosehip Essential Oil
  4. Add 4-6 drops of Vitamin E Essential Oil
  5. Add 4-6 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
  6. Stir well and pour mixture into 4 oz. Spray Bottle
  7. Shake well and be ready to spray!
Tip: Store mixture in the fridge for an extra refreshing feel after you shave!

Top Bottom