What's new

Disaster...

:scared: :scared: :scared: Oh god that's horrible... like a guest on the Jerry Springer shows nails on a chalk board! Yikes.....

Well, if you need a new wacker - I'll make you a great deal on a super sharp 1/4 hollow :biggrin:

Are you looking for anything in particular? I might be able to part with one of my "babies" for a brother in need!

:scared: :scared: :scared: Oh god that's horrible... like a guest on the Jerry Springer shows nails on a chalk board! Yikes.....

Well, if you need a new wacker - I'll make you a great deal on a super sharp 1/4 hollow :biggrin:

Are you looking for anything in particular? I might be able to part with one of my "babies" for a brother in need!

I might go with another Wacker. I'm open to suggestions, thought this group, with all it's combined expertise, might recommend something else. I REALLY did like the way this one shaved though. I'm currently in shock, soon to go into mourning when it finally sinks in just what my fumbling fingers managed to destroy. :cryin:

I watched it all the way to the floor like it was slow motion.

Sucks big time. Been there.

I can grind the tip down to a shorter round point for you - if you want. Matter of fact - you can do it yourself, if you want some more quality time and have a dremmel. Who knows, you may like the shorter blade :smile:

Good luck
Ivo

I might go with another Wacker. I'm open to suggestions, thought this group, with all it's combined expertise, might recommend something else. I REALLY did like the way this one shaved though. I'm currently in shock, soon to go into mourning when it finally sinks in just what my fumbling fingers managed to destroy. :cryin:

I watched it all the way to the floor like it was slow motion.

It isn't in the $200-300 budget - but if you can swing it, I cannot recommend THIS razor enough. Not only will I assure you it'll shave at LEAST 2X nicer/smoother/more luxurious than your Wacker - but i'll even hone the sucker up for you gratis. If I could only have ONE straight razor, and had to shave with it daily - hands down it's be the TI LE Hammer. Not only does it have history no other razor can touch, but each one is different (in a good and noticeable way) and they shave AMAZINGLY well. They fit the hand like a custom glove, and they have a real "Soul" to them... when you touch one, it isn't a piece of steel or a tool - it becomes apart of you. Don't know how to explain it - but no matter what you spend, you'll never get a BETTER shaving razor (and I've tried 'em all regardless of cost) and you'll never get a razor with more character. You could get a custom razor -but again, I dunno what it is about these suckers - they still have more character.

Whatever it is - I cannot bring myself to shave with 'em more than a few times a year - and I dunno why (as I love them so) but they are just such a wonderful treat, I don't think I deserve to use them daily! :biggrin:

Hope this helps!

Joel: I really appreciate the recommendation and the honing offer. I was considering one of these before my disaster. However, like you say, I could not use one of these as a part of my regular rotation. I'm hoping there are a few of these still available once I get back in the swing with a really good regular shaver.

I'm looking at the offerings at Vintage as well as Classic Shaving. I hope to get some good recommendations from here.

Sucks big time. Been there.

I can grind the tip down to a shorter round point for you - if you want. Matter of fact - you can do it yourself, if you want some more quality time and have a dremmel. Who knows, you may like the shorter blade :smile:

Good luck
Ivo

I am a wood worker, it would scare me to death to try and work with something like this. If someone reworks razors, I would be interested in finding out what the cost of "recovery" would be.

Please PM me if you think you can fix this or if you know someone else who can.

200-300 smackeroos is a funny pricerange as razors go (seems they are mostly above or below this). You can get a nice Henckels Friodur with custom scales for under 200. Wackers are nice, but you had one and look what happened! LOL

+1 on Joel's recommendation for a high end TI

Have you considered a nice Feather AC?

Lastly, if you have the time to wait, what I would do is get an eboy piece in good condition and send it to someone for a complete overhaul (Joe Chandler does this, among others. Enquire at SRP). This is the only way to get a "like new" blade in a number of shapes. Smiling blades, large wedges and some eother shapes/grinds are simply not made anymore unless you commission a bladesmith to make one for you (way out of your pricerange).

200-300 smackeroos is a funny pricerange as razors go (seems they are mostly above or below this). You can get a nice Henckels Friodur with custom scales for under 200. Wackers are nice, but you had one and look what happened! LOL

+1 on Joel's recommendation for a high end TI

Have you considered a nice Feather AC?

Lastly, if you have the time to wait, what I would do is get an eboy piece in good condition and send it to someone for a complete overhaul (Joe Chandler does this, among others. Enquire at SRP). This is the only way to get a "like new" blade in a number of shapes. Smiling blades, large wedges and some eother shapes/grinds are simply not made anymore unless you commission a bladesmith to make one for you (way out of your pricerange).

I could go higher, but thought this would be in the sweet spot for a high quality daily shaver.

What I would like to find (either here, eBay, or SRP) is a good high quality blade (Friodor, Dubl Duck (Satin Edge or Goldesge), or TI) and send it along with these scales to someone to restore. I was hoping some one would offer a name, Thanks!

Would you recommend a TI over the Dovo's at Vintage Blades?

I could go higher, but thought this would be in the sweet spot for a high quality daily shaver.

What I would like to find (either here, eBay, or SRP) is a good high quality blade (Friodor, Dubl Duck (Satin Edge or Goldesge), or TI) and send it along with these scales to someone to restore. I was hoping some one would offer a name, Thanks!

Would you recommend a TI over the Dovo's at Vintage Blades?

Get the LE Hammer and use it daily. Seriously :biggrin:

Dovo's are nice, and can shave very well... but why not use the best... daily :biggrin:

Top Bottom