What's new

Another first shave with a straight!

Hey guys! Today I received a beautiful old Wade & Butcher in the mail in Shave Ready condition that I'd traded for.

I could wait to give it a spin and I won't have a strop until the end of the month so I whipped out an old leather belt and gave it a whirl on that. I had about 4 days of growth and everything went surprisingly well. After I hit my cheeks I went to my upper lip... ..... And had my angle wrong, I put a little slice right below my nose and continued to do the rest. I only did two WTG passes and ended up with a surprisingly decent shave with just the little ding under my nose. I certainly won't make that mistake twice. Another thanks to the guys here at B&B for their help.

Sounds like your first shave went pretty well apart from that inevitable cut. You'll go many more shaves with the odd mistake...it's guaranteed. But it will all fall in to place. I'm 10 weeks in and for the past 3, I've been nick/cut free. It took 7 weeks to get there though. Keep going. You won't regret it one bit.

I went through the same thing when I first started shaving with a DE a number of years ago. I wont' make the mistake of shaving too often this time. :)

Top Bottom