What's new

Moustache

I've had a two-week vacation, and I have let my moustache and beard grow. I have decided to let the moustache grow. It looks, well, not great. But I've heard commitment is the key to a moustache. I await taunts at work, but I have been told that a month to two months is necessary for a moustache to develop.

Can any currently- or formerly-moustachioed members offer insight?

I dont know about 2 months but i can grow a pretty good stache in about 3 weeks. Actually i always carry a stache(and goatee but a recent goof up and i shaved part of it off. It adds more work to your shaving routine as you have to tend to it keep it straight, trimmed and avoid that hair growing out of nose look and keep it off the lip. I dont like the bushy Magnum PI mustache however.

Too much scottish blood in me, mine grows out full in about 3 weeks. I keep it and my goatee trimmed but I've had the stache for the better part of 15 years.

I always thought I couldn't grow one because it was always looked wimpy. It probably doesn't help me any that my mustach is blonde/brown when the rest of my facial hair is dark brown. It's friggin like long peach fuzz lol.
Also I found out my beard grows a lot faster so that may be another reason why it always looks so weak when I let em both grow out at the same time.
Now that I've let it go for a while it's starting to fill in nicely and it's getting thicker hairs.
I've also noticed that my goatee area grows faster denser and more uniform than my beard. It may be because I never shave my goat and just let it grow. I only shave it when I am thinking irrationally. Im hoping by letting my mustach grow out for a couple years that it will pick up the same traits my goat has.

Who knows, I went bald on top at 20 so maybe my mustach is supposed to be bald too. Gotta keep the same theme going :)

Top Bottom